On Our Own St Thomas/St Martin

Hogladyrider

Sailing on Glory 4/29 to Nassau, St Thomas and St Martin. Looking for suggestions on what to do on our own in St Thomas and St Martin.

I have been to Orient Beach, liked it.

Thinking about taking the ferry in St Thomas to St John.

Have thought also of renting a vehicle from Arthur's after reading posts here.

One post suggested Frommer's travel guide. Yes, no? What about Fodor's it looks more in depth?

Two adults, no kids, both mid 50's looking to make the most of our time in those two ports.

Nassau is a short stay, no plans may not leave the ship.

Susan:o

We did this cruise over Christmas. We had reserved a car with Budget across from Havensight in St. Thomas and since we couldn't get off the ship until we cleared immigration the cars were all gone. There were other ships at the pier ahead of us and only 2 car rental places close by. Budget and the other agency beside Budget said no rentals were left on the island.

So in St. Thomas be prepared to do a taxi or other tour if you don't get a car there.

St. Maartin, there were a number of car rental places right at the pier and our reserved Budget rental was available.

• 2 weeks later...

Been to St Martin(french spelling and my last name LOL) twice, love Orient bay beach also. Change so much in such a short time, it was like visiting a differant beach. Only thing the same was the naked bodies LOL

Been to St Thomas 3 times, (Weekend at Bernies and Speed II were filmed there), 3 differant beaches, Megans bay, and cant remember the name of the others. Going again in Sept, and this time I am going to St Johns to look for Kenny Chesney. I think they should offer that one on the ship!! And then there is always shopping in St T. have fun

Archived