Cocoa beach a good beach for kids?

pt in ct

I LOVE Cocoa Beach! I own a condo down there. The beach is beautiful, great waves most of the time, Go to the pier the kids will love it. I also recommend Shepard's Park, about a 1/2 mile or so up the beach from the Pier. Full Facilities available (cleaner than at the pier). You could take a taxi from the port to Shepard's Park for the day. This is a public beach, full clean facilities, beach rental (chairs, umbrellas, floats). Food available. Entertainment at resturants. Just a great place. (no gift shops or arcade, though, you would have to go to the pier for that.) You could walk the beach from Shepard's Park to the pier, this is alway fun. Have a great time!!!:)

We were at first thinking of doing KSC, but the kids just want to beach it....and we are really just looking for a relaxing vacation. We go to Florida often enough that we can do that another time. Shepards park/beach sounds perfect!

Thanks!!:)

Our kids were there in October (6 and 8) and had a balln in the sand and the waves (despite my 8 year olds blinding fear of sharks. I have no idea where he got that from). They just thought it was heaven. Of course my kids think mud puddles are thrilling.

Archived