Caribbean Princess refurb 2/07

hp12c

Just a heads up....

DH and I are (were) booked on CB 2/25/07. Got a call yesterday that Princess was cancelling the sailing for a refurbishing.

Has anyone heard this?

Don't know if it is a "dry" or "wet" dock.

Probably a wet dock since the ship is about 3 years old. (Most ships get docked about every 3 years so this is normal.) They usually do stuff to it that they can't do while passengers are onboard such as remove and repair all lifeboats, cleaning, repair, test, paint, replace carpets/worn furniture, etc. Usually takes a week or two.

I wouldn't worry about things shutting down, you probably won't notice any difference. We need to decide if we want to re-book. They said the week before and after was available.

Just to verify, I have heard nothing from Princess, my TA called me and said Princess called her.

I called the 1-800-Princess number and they knew nothing :rolleyes:

I have been on this ship twice and loved it both times! Can't imagine it even needs reburbishing...always looked great!

Just be glad they didn't cancel your week! All we have to do is a bit of re-shuffling of vacation times....at least we did get 1 year's warning.

But not nearly the headaches it would be for someone in charge of taking a group!:eek:

Best of luck! Sounds like a lot of fun! We have recently become "empty nesters"...kids out on their own....and needing to catch up on some travelling that we've missed out on the past 25 years or so....

If we find we can go that week maybe we'll try and join your group :)

Ahh, I am an empty nester also since my yungest turned 21 this past year. and its been great catching up on all that I have been missing. (cant wait til I retire now...lol)

I am glad that the ship did not cancel at the last minute and have you scrambling for other options. I woulda been pi$$ed since I have to book so far in advance to get those great at cabins.

We'll be sure to check and see what's available on the 2/11 sailing. Like Serene said, have to book early to get those coveted aft cabins! We like the minis on the Emerald Deck, as we are supposed:) to stay out of the sun as much as possible.

Half the fun is in just planning the trip :) :) :)

Why don't you jump on the 2007-02-11 to 18 sailing. We were on the Caribbean that week in 2005 ( we have always had great wheather ). I think there is lots of room.Ian

We also had awesome weather at that time- thats why we booked another cruise for the same week this year- let me tell you it was VERY cold til Wednesday.

Archived