kids clubs

The kids activities are pretty good on all of the ships. They play games and make some cool stuff. The hours vary but they are open most of the time except for a few hours here and there. They usually go till 11pm and after that it is $5.00 per child per hour till 1am. My two boys, ages 6 and 7 love it. Hope this helps.

My mom said their are clubs for 15-17 year olds. Anyone ever had their kids do that? I know mine will come and go as they please and it might give them something to do and give them a chance to meet other kids, but just curious.

As we all know, kids normally do a much better job and meeting others than adults do.

:confused: What do they do for evening activities?

If we the adults drop the kids off ages 5 1/2 and 8 after dinner while we attend a show or hang out at the lounge for drinks, what happens if they fall asleep? Is there an area for the kids to stretch out/lay down in case the kids are burnt out from an all day excursion?

Not that I expect them to sleep there all night.....;)

We were on the Serenade a couple of weeks ago and our kids did not want to leave the kids club. They do craft activites, play games, do science experiments. The day is broken up into 3 sessions - Morning (about 9 til noon), Afternoon (1 or 2 til 5) and then Evening (7 til 10). Each session has a theme and they gear the activities to that theme (Olympics - they play sports games, Aliens - they make headbands and play alien games, etc.) There are specific activites scheduled the entire time in 15-30 minute blocks.

Our kids are 4,7 and 9 so they were in different age groupings. We were a little worried about this beforehand because we thought they would want to be together but they were all happy. Because there weren't a lot of kids, the 7 and 9 year olds did a lot of the same activites together.

I was worried about our kids being able to stay up late too, but it was never a problem. We would drop them off after dinner around 7:30 or 8:00 and then pick them up at 10:00. They were always dying to get there after dinner and always going at full steam when we picked them up.

Although I've never been on the Navigator, I think it works in a similar way on all the ships.

I have all the Compasses for the 9-11 group and the 6-8 group and it looks like they do a lot of the same activities but not necessarily at the same time. Some of the activities for the 9-11 group are -

Harry Potter afternoon, Wild World of sports (Egyptian baseball, Caribbean hockey), country western night, Jurassic fever, travel around the world (scavenger hunt, crew autograph hunt, Oriental fish kites), ball blast (this includes a game called gagaball and I don't know what it is but the kids liked it), pajama night (where they colored AO pillowcases that they get to keep), beach bash (water balloons), and Gladiator night (the 6-8 group called this Serenade Survivor night and had the same activities including a volcano).

The 9-11 group was not scheduled to do the pirate stuff but this is the one thing my 9yo daughter wanted to do, so she participated in it. There were a couple of boys in her group who didn't want to do it.

They do allow the 9-11 group to sign themselves out if the parents authorize it.

My daughter loved everything since this was our first cruise and she really gets into arts and crafts. I can see how it would get repetitive if you've done a lot of the same activities before.

Archived