Hurtigruten Docking in Reykjavik

WisRiver

We are booked on the MS Fridtjof Nansen departing from Reykjavik on June 1.  There appear to be two docks that the Nansen could dock.  Miðbakki is in the old harbor near the center of Reykjavik.  According to the   Scarfabakki Harbor is the new cruise terminal about 3 km from the center of the city.  In 2019 when we were on a Holland America cruise, our ship docked at Scargabakki.  According to the Icelandic port calendar, the Nansen is shown as docking at Miðbakki.  However, I remember hearing that  Miðbakki is no longer used.  Any insights or information on where the Nansen would dock.  It would be helpful to know, since it may effect our choice of rental cars for our pre cruise touring.

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping you would get an answer by now.  I am going on the 17th.  I have been told by julie on your cruise that Covid testing is being done at the Fosshotel before boarding.  Then transport to the ship from there.  Any other information you find, please post.  I may be changing hotels.  Thanks

Michelle

We received our travel documents for the June 1 cruise.  You have to go to the Fosshotel Reykjavik to start the boarding process.  You must be Covid tested at the hotel before boarding.  Passengers are charged for the cost of testing (65 Euros).   Testing starts at 1 PM with the highest number cabins first.  Testing is finished by 4 PM.  After testing Hurtigruten transfers passengers to the ship.   With this procedure it  does not make any difference where the ship docks.  We have to find a car rental agency close to the Fosshotel.

• 2 weeks later...