How Far in Advance Can a Cruise Be Booked

theos on the go

Hi All,

I have searched this forum for this answer and couldn't find it. So please forgive me if this question has already been answered. But how far in advance can you book a cruise for a Carnival Cruise? Also does it have to be booked with the cruise line direct the farther out you are or can you use a travel agent?

Looking to book a cruise in October 2007 for 25th Wedding Anniversary.

Thanks for all your help! :)

the o's

Carnivale Oct 1992

Conquest Jan 2004

Elation Jan 2005

Whan you go to Carnival.com it will give you dates how far out they are booking. I generally make mine about 12 months in advance. With this I get a disount for booking early and have my choice of rooms. It also gives you longer to pay for the cruise. I have used Carnival for 4 of my bookings and a TA for one. I prefer Carnival. They have alsways treated me the best and they take care of everything.

Looking at Carnival's website, it looks to be about 14 months in advance for booking. Other cruise lines might differ in this, so you might want to check into that if you don't want to try to remember to book in August.

Undrhil

We booked our April 2007 in September 2005. Sure seems like a looooong way away! We have a great TA, and she has promised that the moment the airliines open up the seats for our dates, something like 330 or 360 days out, she will book them for the group and the hotel rooms. It really is all about the service!

TinaJ

We book 1 year out.. Only because that is what we choose..

Airlines and hotels is 333 days away.. Which is a pain..

Once we choose our cruise, we have to wait for air and hotel..

We book 1 year becasue we book as a group of anywhere from 40 to 90

and we start a payment program..lol

Good Luck

Jmcancruise you're right 2008 is a little while away, I can understand the countdown. Imagine all the research you could do by then :).

Of course, if you're like me I will have changed my mind a few times on deciding which cruise I would like to book by then . . .lol :)

the os

I booked our April 2007 either end of January this year or early February. We've also already had a $110/pp price drop for our bal guar :)

I like booking this far out because I know that coming up with close to $4k over 15 months won't be so heart attack causing and DH is a little bit more calm about spending "all that money" for one week's worth of vacation lol.

Of course, I HATE booking this far out because IT'S THIS FAR OUT!! :(

Archived