Legend of the Seas Uk help please :)

catty1976

Hi,

I think ive stumbled across a board used by USA but I hope you dont mind me joining you and posting here I am in the UK.

We have booked our first cruise in September to Western Europe on Legend of the Seas, but could anyone please help with a descision. We have booked a superior inside cabin but to be honest I dont like enclosed spaces and we have two young children (7 and 1) with us. Although the interior appears to be bigger we are considering changing to a cabin with a window which is a bit smaller. I cant make my mind up which one to book I would really appreciate your help with this. The exterior would be a G grade if that makes sense.

Also the interior we have booked is on Deck 8 whereas the cabin with the window is on Deck 2. What would you do, please help!!:confused:

Many THanks,

Catty.

Catty,

I would go for the outside cabin on deck two. We had deck two on Rhapsody and loved it. It may be a bit smaller than the inside, but I think it will feel larger because of the window, and the kids will be able to watch the waves...in safety.

I'm from the UK also, although it is mostly Americans on this board you also get a lot of people contributing from the UK. I would go for the room with the view, inside rooms can be a little claustrophobic especially if you have 4 in a room.

There are many people on these boards from all over the world, not just the USA, we are actually American/Brits. You will find lots of wonderful advise for your cruise, so please keep checking in.

You will not regret the O/V cabin. Have a wonderful cruise.

Kate

Hi,

I think ive stumbled across a board used by USA but I hope you dont mind me joining you and posting here I am in the UK.

We have booked our first cruise in September to Western Europe on Legend of the Seas, but could anyone please help with a descision. We have booked a superior inside cabin but to be honest I dont like enclosed spaces and we have two young children (7 and 1) with us. Although the interior appears to be bigger we are considering changing to a cabin with a window which is a bit smaller. I cant make my mind up which one to book I would really appreciate your help with this. The exterior would be a G grade if that makes sense.

Also the interior we have booked is on Deck 8 whereas the cabin with the window is on Deck 2. What would you do, please help!!:confused:

Many THanks,

Catty.

Hi Catty...First of all, I am American but live in the Uk the past 25 years married to a Britt. Welcome to the board..it is great on here..you learn so much and meet lovely people. I joined last summer, when I booked my Legend of the Seas cruise to the Med.

I see you have made your decision already. |I am so glad that you chose the Ocean View. We had Category H....same cabin type as yourselves.. but on deck 3. I loved the window..it is huge..and everytime you open the cabin door... there is an amazing view in front of you. I was so excited when we returned to the cabin the first time after sailing and I saw the sea outside my window. We had wonderful views of all the ports...only once against the pier. We could watch the tenders depart under our windows...and all the yachts sail around the ship when we were at at anchor. They came right up alongside us. It is brilliant.

Also, don't worry about being on deck 2...It has many advantages. Embarking and disembarking is usually on deck 2...so no waiting to come down on lifts or joining queue on the stairwells when trying to go ashore. You are already there.

The lifts outside the cabins... go straight up to the centrum..from one end of the corridor. The second set of lifts... at the other end of the corridor...went straight up to the Windjammer entrance. As decks 2/3 are at the lower point...the lifts start here and make it easier to catch them. You seldom have to wait. Also, in the event of choppy seas....the movement is far less the lower down you are. We had a force 8 gale on our cruise and it was really pitching and rolling up high...but very steady in our cabin. It was great watching the waves roll on by. Loved every minute. We are booked again for this August....something we never expected....it was just a wonderful 14 days!! Have a Great Cruise!! Carol

Hi Catty

we are a family of four from Ireland and we are going on the LOS this July and we went for the ocean view on deck two,although it only for sleeping iys good to wake up to day light especially with our two girls they would have the place wrecked. If you look at the cabins on the site the interiors are very simalar on most decks Airt

Archived