Miami Airport Blue Lagoon area

gmryan

Has anyone stayed in any of the Miami airport Blue Lagoon hotels?  Would appreciate any recommendations.  Wondering about this are for a hotel for one night precruise.  Restaurants nearby or in the hotel would be nice.  First time cruising out of Miami.  Thanks for any advice.

I just stayed at the EB hotel a couple weeks ago before my cruise out of Miami. It is a very nice hotel with a free shuttle from the airport and they do Covid testing right there in the hotel if you need that. 

• Like 1

We've stayed pre-virus in the Homewood Suites (Hampton Inn is closer to the strip mall) - Publix grocery, drug and liquor stores plus a few sit-down dining options as well as fast food in the area.  A good choice for airport area hotels if you are arriving late and just want dinner and a bed.

• Like 1

I haven't stayed at any of the Blue Lagoon hotels pre-cruise and probably would not. I'd prefer to be closer to the cruise port or at a nice hotel near the beach if we decide to fly in a couple of days early.

I have stayed at the Blue Lagoon hotels at the start or end of a business trip. I love the Hilton and really like the Home2Suites and Homewood Suites. If staying at Blue Lagoon meets your needs, any of these three hotels, plus the Hyatt House (which I have not stayed at, but love the brand) should do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I haven't stayed at any of the Blue Lagoon hotels pre-cruise and probably would not. I'd prefer to be closer to the cruise port or at a nice hotel near the beach if we decide to fly in a couple of days early.

I have stayed at the Blue Lagoon hotels at the start or end of a business trip. I love the Hilton and really like the Home2Suites and Homewood Suites. If staying at Blue Lagoon meets your needs, any of these three hotels, plus the Hyatt House (which I have not stayed at, but love the brand) should do.

Thank you for the recommendations.  Are there any hotels closer to the cruise port that you would recommend?  We would need an airport and cruise port shuttle.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:53 AM, Marie51 said:

I just stayed at the EB hotel a couple weeks ago before my cruise out of Miami. It is a very nice hotel with a free shuttle from the airport and they do Covid testing right there in the hotel if you need that. 

Thank you

On 5/3/2022 at 1:53 PM, JohninDC said:

We've stayed pre-virus in the Homewood Suites (Hampton Inn is closer to the strip mall) - Publix grocery, drug and liquor stores plus a few sit-down dining options as well as fast food in the area.  A good choice for airport area hotels if you are arriving late and just want dinner and a bed.

Thank you

On 5/3/2022 at 8:45 PM, mared1 said:

We have stayed at Hyatt House precovid. Nice hotel and rooms. Close to Publix and several restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you

We normally stay in the Brickell neighborhood if we cruise out of Miami and the places we've stayed at the Hyatt Centric, InterContinental, and Hyatt Regency. None have an airport shuttle and the ones that have a cruise shuttle charge $8-$12 a person, which seems reasonable to me.

13 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

We normally stay in the Brickell neighborhood if we cruise out of Miami and the places we've stayed at the Hyatt Centric, InterContinental, and Hyatt Regency. None have an airport shuttle and the ones that have a cruise shuttle charge $8-$12 a person, which seems reasonable to me.

Thanks for the information. I agree that those prices for a cruise shuttle are quite reasonable.   I wanted to stay in Brickell but we need a shuttle from airport.  An Uber is out unless we take 2.  There are 4 adults and 1 child.  Most shuttle services I found only allow 6 pieces of luggage.  We take more than that.  Lol.  Are there any areas I should check that are closer than Blue Lagoon?  Is Doral closer to the port than Blue Lagoon?  I really appreciate your help.

1 hour ago, gmryan said:

Thanks for the information. I agree that those prices for a cruise shuttle are quite reasonable.   I wanted to stay in Brickell but we need a shuttle from airport.  An Uber is out unless we take 2.  There are 4 adults and 1 child.  Most shuttle services I found only allow 6 pieces of luggage.  We take more than that.  Lol.  Are there any areas I should check that are closer than Blue Lagoon?  Is Doral closer to the port than Blue Lagoon?  I really appreciate your help.

Look at Uber SUV, they should be able to handle 5 of you.

Doral is West of the airport.

With five of you a shuttle might not be the best choice because they charge per person. Get a taxi van that will be a set price for all of you it will be cheaper than the shuttle. Also finding a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the cruise is going to be difficult if not impossible. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marie51 said:

With five of you a shuttle might not be the best choice because they charge per person. Get a taxi van that will be a set price for all of you it will be cheaper than the shuttle. Also finding a free shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the cruise is going to be difficult if not impossible. 

Thank you