Cruise Compass Grandeur 5 night Costa Maya/Cozumel?

DFritz

Does anyone have some recent cruise compasses and/or menu's from the 5 day sailing to Coz and CM? Trying to pre-organize a few family group times and the compasses would help.

Any comments on Grandeur for recent as well?

Thanks

Do you happen to have the compasses and can you scan them into webshots or email in plain text to me so that I can peruse them? I'm looking for the basic hour by hour daily activities. Family members have favorite things they like to do but I am trying to pre-plan group time and activities that won't interfere with RCI scheduled activities.

Do you remember the menu options for each night? Main dining room.

What were your opinions overall of the ship, the staff, the food, the activity level and the quality of the entertainment?

Just returned from the Jewel yesterday and we visited Cozumel last Tuesday. The place is a mess and not just from the hurricane. The piers were damaged last year but no apparent effort has been made to re-build them so the cruisers have to be tendered. We understand that many cruise lines have stopped going there and as a result the on shore vendors are very aggressive in their efforts to get what cruisers there are into their shops. We toured the Chankanaab State Park and it was awful. The main entrance was the only area that was clean and green the rest of the park looked like the aftermath of a bad lumber harvesting operation. It wasn’t just the devastation from the hurricane a year ago but the vast amount of garbage and trash everywhere. The bigger buildings in town had large portions missing, windows blown out and piles of debris were everywhere. Looked like pictures of downtown Baghdad after Sadam was overthrown. The experienced cruisers didn’t get off the ship and everyone that we talked to that did visit said that they would not return to Cozumel.

In contrast, in Costa Maya the pier was functional, the shops were much cleaner and the shop owners much less aggressive. We enjoyed our visit to Costa Maya.

We were there on Thursday, and excuse me, but we are experenced cruiser and were VERY impressed with how the Coz has come back from a Hurricaine that stayed right on top of them for 2days!! Unlike our own country that wined and cried about getting help from the government, The people of Coz, didn't complain or get much outside help, but jumped right back into it and had themselves open for business 23days after getting slammed!! And we were there a year ago, and yes what you saw is ALL Wilma damage!! I'm a DMAT member and have seen alot of post hurricane areas, and I was VERY impressed with how quick The Coz has jumped back!!

I agree with skypilots: We were at Cozumel pre-Wilma when all of the piers were operational and never felt that the area was trashy or anything. When we were in the area in December most people were glad they got off the ship even though the destruction from the hurricane was extreme. They loved being able to visit many of the establishments that were back up and running so soon after the hurricane. Many folks don't realize how much trash and garbage is stirred up after a hurricane that might be construed as neglect when in fact it is not.

Archived