CCL Celebration?

luxury

Has anyone been on the Celebration lately? We are taking a 10 yr. old grandson in Aug. and would like to know if it has been re-done lately. We have cruised on Carnival 9 times, the Sensation was the oldest. The Celebration leaves out of Jacksonville for 5 days. This seems to be perfect for this grandchild. He's never been away from home for more than 2 days. But......it is an older ship.

Would appreciate any info..........the other option is the Glory for 7 days out of Port Canaveral. We were on it during its' first year at sea....beautiful ship.

Thanks...an anxious granny

Has anyone been on the Celebration lately? We are taking a 10 yr. old grandson in Aug. and would like to know if it has been re-done lately. We have cruised on Carnival 9 times, the Sensation was the oldest. The Celebration leaves out of Jacksonville for 5 days. This seems to be perfect for this grandchild. He's never been away from home for more than 2 days. But......it is an older ship.

Would appreciate any info..........the other option is the Glory for 7 days out of Port Canaveral. We were on it during its' first year at sea....beautiful ship.

I THINK THE CELEBRATION WAS ONE OF THE SHIPS HELPING WITH THE HURRICANE EFFORTS. I KNOW SHE IS BEING RENOVATED AFTER BEING USED FOR THE EFFORT. PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE BIGGER SHIPS BETTER. VALOR, GLORY, DESTINY, PRIDE, SPIRIT, LIBERTY. I FEEL THE SERVICE & ATMOSPHERE IS MUCH BETTER.

I THINK THE CELEBRATION WAS ONE OF THE SHIPS HELPING WITH THE HURRICANE EFFORTS. I KNOW SHE IS BEING RENOVATED AFTER BEING USED FOR THE EFFORT. PERSONALLY, I LIKE THE BIGGER SHIPS BETTER. VALOR, GLORY, DESTINY, PRIDE, SPIRIT, LIBERTY. I FEEL THE SERVICE & ATMOSPHERE IS MUCH BETTER.

No, the Celebration isn't. She's sailing 4 & 5 days to the Bahamas. We leave in 4 days!!!! :D

Luxury, I'll be happy to let you know as soon as we get back!!!

LUXURY,

THE CELEBRATION is a great old Ship............

I have been on her afew times and getting ready to

go again in Sept............

And I may go for New Year's........

The Staff,is friendly...............

The Ship is easy to learn...........

Go over to the CELEBRATION's Roll call..........

There is afew other cruisers that has been on the CELEBRATION,

and has plans to go again...........

This is your Grandson's first cruise,He will think the Ship is BIG.....................

He may like Camp Carnival,

Enjoy,HAPPY CRUISING....................

Well...lest just say wrong and wrong...

As already noted, Celebration is not involved int eh Hurricane effort, but even if it was (like the Holiday) the three ships involved will be in drydock with some big nice renovations planned...

and...Bigger ships better???

Why say that? Does 10 bars instead of six really make it better?

I feel like being on a ship with 1700 cruisers assures me better service then being on a ship with 3200 cruisers. I enjoyed my trip on the Conquest, but I have already reserved my second cruise on the Celebration. Personal care, friendler service are the things that drew me back.

Like my good friend Barb said....your 10 year old grandson is going to say "WOW" when he boards the Celebration and he will have a great time. And...you will too!!

JB

To support what's been said, my family has cruised Celebration twice in the past six months. We love it!

Only wish she had more than two itineraries to choose from. Now we have to cruise out of another port to go to different places.

But, would I sail on Celebration again? In a heartbeat! :)

DH and I are also sailing on the Celebration this Thursday :D We'll let you know, Luxury, what we think next week. This will be our 9th cruise and 4th cruise line and we prefer the smaller ships -- just seems the service is a little bit better. We prefer 7 day cruises, but are taking the short 4 day one because of our work schedules this winter. A shorter one may be just perfect for your grandson.

Have a wonderful time whichever cruise you select!

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2001

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006

There was a similar question about the Celebration a few weeks ago and is not too far down in the list. Check it out as most everyone had a lot to say about it since the last dry dock. We did it many years ago and plan to go back in April. The Kids room is very small but Carnival usually has great counslors that do a nice job at keeping them busy and happy.

Jabee hit the nail right on the head.

What you will love about Celebration is much more attentive service then on the mega ships. And no long lines.

Don't be too conerned about her age. The 80s decor is the only thing that gives it away. She is very clean and in excellent shape. I believe she went through a 90 day drydock in 2003.

You and your grandson should have a wonderful time. I'd go again anytime!!

We were just on the Celebration for Valentine's Day and we loved it. We liked the Valor too...but it's just different. It's easier to get around and we seemed to make more friends on this one. I think with the smaller ship you see the same people more often and you get to know them more. You see people involved in shows, activities and games...and its as if you know them which makes things even more hilarious. We made lifetime friends on this cruise. Out of all of my cruises...I have to rate this one as the best. The ship is old but it was very clean. We never had problems with lines, or seats in the theater for shows. The staff was top notch. I enjoyed my appt. at the salon as well.

You will love the Celebration! We are going it again at the end of June and I can't wait.

Seems like you've gotten plenty of positive answers, but I'll just add my opinion that the Celebration is a terrific ship and you and your grandson should have a blast. The kids that we saw on the last couple of trips always seemed to be busy and having fun!

Enjoy!

I also forgot to mention that Jacksonville's port is one of the easiest ports to get through. I would go out of here everytime if they offered other iteneraries. Anyone who's gone through Miami and then Jacksonville will know what I mean.

I agree with mostly everyone also....The ship is wonderful..We were on Celebration a few weeks ago. The staff is great, as well as the food, entertainment & overall the ship is in super condition. We definely will go back. I highly recommend anyone going on Celebration. You will definely enjoy yourself. ;)

I also forgot to mention that Jacksonville's port is one of the easiest ports to get through. I would go out of here everytime if they offered other iteneraries. Anyone who's gone through Miami and then Jacksonville will know what I mean.

Been there, done that, totally agree:) The Jacksonville port was a big lure to trying Carnival for the first time.

Also, it is the most interesting process of leaving, because it is farther inland than any port we've been in, with the thrill of going under the bridge.

The OP's grandchild will love that!

Archived