Locks on cabin doors

Angelgirl18

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but are there deadbolt type locks on our cabin doors, like hotels have? DH and I will be on our honeymoon, and are a little concerned about room stewards walking in on us...we'd hate to be responsible for blinding the poor guy or gal! Can anyone help put our minds at ease...we'll be on Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas.

And you can also put your Do Not Disturb Sign out...and there are special locks you can buy if you want to be totally sure. But no one will disturb you...they will know you are on your honeymoon!:)

On our last cruise, my wife and I retreated to the cabin believing the kids would be sufficiently engaged in their evening activities for at least a few hours.

Well, our 14 yr old daughter tried to get in, but couldn't (because we had used the deadbolt). So, she found the steward and reported that her card wasn't working and asked for help opening the door. He explained that he thought the deadbolt was activated. DD was traumatized, not believing old folks might want some alone time.

And DW said that she thought she heard somebody knocking!

Anyway, I can most assuredly confirm that cabin doors have deadblts! :D

Archived