Vista Class Aft Cabins size question

ilv4cruising

Hi there,

We just booked an Aft balcony cabin on the Noordam for the 39 Day New Zealand/South Pacific cruise.  I wanted to do a comparison with other aft cabins (size of cabin and size of balcony) as we might switch.  Currently booked 5188 but might switch to a deck that doesn't have the whole balcony covered.

I remember seeing on CC someone who posted the size of the AFT cabins and balcony for all decks but, for some reason, my CC searching isn't finding anything.

Any chance someone has this information?  That would be greatly appreciated.  If not, I'll contact HAL.

Thanks,

We are currently on the Noordam doing Alaska. We are in 6162. We almost always sail in an aft cabin. This one is by far the smallest aft we have ever had. They have changed the bathroom door so you cannot open it flat to the wall where a magnet held it flat. That means the hallway for the closets is always dark, even with the hall light on. Two people cannot be in the hallway at the same time. If one is in the bathroom and one in the hall it is a traffic jam. Space between the end of the bed  and the wall is narrow as is the side of the bed by the wall.  Two people cannot move about in the cabin without bumping into each other. It is a configuration issue along with cutting cabin size for the deck space. For a long trip I wound opt for the larger cabin size.  They have removed the makeup mirror on the desk and  it seems they may have made the desk smaller, in my opinion. Not sure I would opt for an aft with that many sail days. Won’t do it again on this ship for sure. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cabinluvn said:

We are currently on the Noordam doing Alaska. We are in 6162. We almost always sail in an aft cabin. This one is by far the smallest aft we have ever had. They have changed the bathroom door so you cannot open it flat to the wall where a magnet held it flat. That means the hallway for the closets is always dark, even with the hall light on. Two people cannot be in the hallway at the same time. If one is in the bathroom and one in the hall it is a traffic jam. Space between the end of the bed  and the wall is narrow as is the side of the bed by the wall.  Two people cannot move about in the cabin without bumping into each other. It is a configuration issue along with cutting cabin size for the deck space. For a long trip I wound opt for the larger cabin size.  They have removed the makeup mirror on the desk and  it seems they may have made the desk smaller, in my opinion. Not sure I would opt for an aft with that many sail days. Won’t do it again on this ship for sure. 

Wow.  That has really changed.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has recently been on the Noordam in a Deck 5 Aft cabin to see if they have the same issues.  Thanks

We just spent 35 days in an aft cabin on Deck 7 on the Zuiderdam. We managed just fine with the two of us. We are not tiny people either. Yes the space between the bed and the wall is very narrow. But you only need that space to get in and out of bed. 

406B976B-FDE4-41CE-B5CE-E5C86C5813C5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1