Lumberjack show time at Ketchikan

WeatherFun

Our Holland cruise of Zuiderdam was originally scheduled to arrive Ketchikan 10am on 7/11. But I just got the notification from Holland that it will now arrive 11am instead of 10am. We had bought 11:30am Lumberjack show tickets directly from the vendor and now wonder whether there is enough time to make it. 

We just did the Lumberjack show last week on our cruise day, and like you we bought our own tickets. Based on your change of schedule I would advise you to reach out to the vendor and see if you can change your time to another show that day. If you are now not docking until 11 a.m., you would really be tight in making the 11:30 show depending on where your ship docks. If you end up at one of the berths that is further away, it is a pretty long walk. They ask you to be there at least 15 minutes before the show which is when they start letting the audience in to be seated. Best case scenario that your ship gets clearance to let people off right at 11 a.m. and you can be one of the first off, you still need time to walk there and check in. It would be tight and put stress on you which is no way to start a port day. We went to the 1:30 p.m. show - I would see if they have that time available for your port day and see if you can move your tickets to that time. 

Thanks for the information. I sent an email to the vendor and I was told our ship will be at Berth 3, which is approximately an 8-10 minute walk from the show location. They say we could keep our reservation at 11:30 and if we could not make it, they could rebook us to the 1pm show on the day we are there. But the problem is we have already booked a flight seeing tour to the Misty Fjords at 1:45pm, which could not be changed at this point. So we must make 11:30am show time or miss it. We have two questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) Does the port arrival time mean the time that passengers could disembark from the cruise ship or the time that the cruise ship arrives at the port?

2) When I checked shore excursion provided by the cruise, I saw departure times 11:15am on some of Lumberjack show related activities. Not sure what the departure time means here? Does it mean the time passengers waiting on the cruise before disembark or the time they wait at the port after disembark? If it is latter, then we could definitely make it. But it is also possible those excursion go to the Lumberjack show later. So passengers may not go to 11:30am show first and time is not that critical. 

image.thumb.png.5e8934bd9f577010448c9435cad94ef7.png

2 hours ago, WeatherFun said:

Thanks for the information. I sent an email to the vendor and I was told our ship will be at Berth 3, which is approximately an 8-10 minute walk from the show location. They say we could keep our reservation at 11:30 and if we could not make it, they could rebook us to the 1pm show on the day we are there. But the problem is we have already booked a flight seeing tour to the Misty Fjords at 1:45pm, which could not be changed at this point. So we must make 11:30am show time or miss it. We have two questions. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) Does the port arrival time mean the time that passengers could disembark from the cruise ship or the time that the cruise ship arrives at the port?

2) When I checked shore excursion provided by the cruise, I saw departure times 11:15am on some of Lumberjack show related activities. Not sure what the departure time means here? Does it mean the time passengers waiting on the cruise before disembark or the time they wait at the port after disembark? If it is latter, then we could definitely make it. But it is also possible those excursion go to the Lumberjack show later. So passengers may not go to 11:30am show first and time is not that critical. 

That's good that you are at Berth 3 - a little closer. We were on the furthest dock at the other end of town and even at a good pace it would have taken us at least 15 to 20 minutes. So the fact you are closer is in your favor. I'm not sure what the time on the excursion means unfortunately because it is  advertising Saxman Village and Dancers in addition to the Lumberjack show so there is no way to know which is first. My sense is that I doubt they would try to get a group tour to the Lumberjack Show at 11:30 a.m. with a tour scheduled to begin at 11:15 a.m. As I said, with our experience they asked everyone to be there and ready to enter 15 minutes before the show so it makes me think that this tour probably goes to Saxman Village first for that part of the excursion and then does the 1 p.m. Lumberjack show.

In terms of the ship's arrival time - that is always a hard one to predict because sometimes they are docked on time, but they have to get the all clear before they allow passengers off. But since your time was pushed back, it seems like they would really attempt to arrive on time and hopefully get the greenlight quickly. I would just suggest you find out where the gangways are for the day and be all ready and waiting to get off somewhere nearby as soon as the all clear is called. I know that, even though it is discouraged, often a line will form with people ready to jump off so just be sure you are positioned at the front if you can.

If you can get off as close to 11 as possible and it is only a 10 minute walk you should be fine. Even if you get there right before the show starts as long as you have tickets you will get in, just maybe not have your first choice of seats. Good luck!!

Thank you so much for the detailed information. Maybe if we miss the first part of the show, we could stay there to watch the beginning of the 1pm show before leaving the show for the 1:45pm flight tour.