Ballroom Dancing??

donlb

You did not mention what ship, but in all our cruises we have always found one of the areas will play "ballroom style dancing" we always dance before dinner (early seating) and the go back between the shows The music will run the spectrum from foxtrot, waltz to the latin style

Regards

Pete

Explorer of the Seas....I know that the small bar areas have music. We ate early last time, so didn't know if anything went on in the main dinning room after the late seating. Would be a beautiful place to have small orchestra and nice dancing, seeing that everyone is dress up. The "Chamber" was loud and played Rap and the sort last time. The smaller areas tend to get crowded. I guess we can always dance to our own music under the stars on deck somewhere......:)

Donlb I dont think you will have a problem finding the music you want to dance to, we have been on numerous cruises on different lines and have always, found music to dance to again ball room dancing which would include

Foxtrot, waltz, swing, rhumba, cha cha, tango mambo etc etc

Pete

Thanks for asking this question! Hubby and I have been taking lessons in the hopes of having a place to show off on our cruise next week. I'm glad to hear that we might be able to find a spot!!

I would send this thread to my husband but the guy has two left feet. Sort of like Master P in Dancing with the Stars! :D (he knows that too so when he runs across this thread he won't kill me).

That is funny about Master P. SuzeyQ you really should have the places but if I can add one bit of info, dont be intimidated to get out there, in many cases especially if you have taken some lessons, you know more than most and a good example will be the foxtrot, say you know 3 4 5 moves what ever, it is better than the standard bob and weave, so enjoy

what ship are you going on

Regards

Pete

That is funny about Master P. SuzeyQ you really should have the places but if I can add one bit of info, dont be intimidated to get out there, in many cases especially if you have taken some lessons, you know more than most and a good example will be the foxtrot, say you know 3 4 5 moves what ever, it is better than the standard bob and weave, so enjoy

what ship are you going on

Regards

Pete

We're going on the Explorer, leaving this Sunday. I suspect we will be a little intimidated at first but we're taking the classes so that we CAN dance in public so it would be a shame if we chickened out. We'll just have a few glasses of wine and we'll think we're the best foxtrotters out there!! :D

My hubby and I have been taking classes as well. We are really looking forward to our cruise on Mariner. I see it has a latin lounge, hopefully with a decent dance floor. I am guessing the Viking Crown Lounge should be atleast as bigg as the one on Grandeur. It was a pretty decent size, generally it was top 40 type music but it is amazing what you can do with that. I am loving Hustle and Rhumba which can be done to a lot of music. We have about 5 weeks to go. Can't wait!:D

I would send this thread to my husband but the guy has two left feet. Sort of like Master P in Dancing with the Stars! :D (he knows that too so when he runs across this thread he won't kill me).

If anyone ever had two left feet, it'd be me, but we started lessons finally ,and look forward to getting back to the studio, and dancing some more. There's something almost every night where we're taking lessons, and practice has helped so much. It ain't cheap, but then anything worth while usually isn't. Take him to the free first lesson, and maybe he'll surprise you! Good luck.

Wraithe

Wraithe,

I assume you don't have four small boys to have to find a babysitter for? LOL!!

Lisa141,

Boleros has great Latin music. I can get Gene to do a passable salsa and he did not stink. You can also head up to the Viking Crowne Lounge for Jazz and other variates.

Wraithe,

I assume you don't have four small boys to have to find a babysitter for? LOL!!

You are 100% correct! LOL. My baby is 17 now. Wooooo hooooo! Almost old enough to realize that Dad's not a complete idiot. My baby girl is 20 and still Daddy's little darlin!

Wraithe

Archived