Best place to book excursions

PatricF

I can tell you who not to book with.  Any 3rd party, like Viator.  Decide what you want and then look at companies that provide that tour.  If your look through CC there are many recommendations on certain tours.  I contacted them directly before I cruised.  

There are booths dock side, but if you are wanting something popular don't wait.

Dancing Shoes, just a question, why not Viator?

I have had great experiences with them and they have good customer service (at least what I have experienced). Granted, I am not booking anything with them for our Alaska cruise because price points and selections were very similar between Viator and what Princess offered.

Not promoting Viator here, just interested on "why not"

I generally try to book directly with the vendors when possible, but I’ve had good success with Viator, TripAdvisor, ShoreExcursioneer, Shore Excursions Group and others. I booked two tours with Viator on my recent Alaska trip (one in Seattle and one in Juneau), and both were excellent. 

• Like 1

I'm someone who also prefers to book directly with the vendor. If you research here, on Trip Advisor and Chamber of Commerce sites for your ports you will find many recommended and reliable vendors. Figure out what your priorities are in each port, look at the vendors offering the service, read reviews and then book the one that suits you the best.