How much for taxi from Port Canaveral to KSC?

singitalto

Sorry - no clue on taxi costs. However, you can rent a car from Budget or Avis in Cape Canaveral and return it to the airport. The rental car companies have shuttles that will take you from the port to the car rental location.

I have seen this question asked, but no one has answered it. Does anyone know how much for a taxi for a family of 4 from Port Canaveral to Kennedy Space Center.

There is a Port Canaveral Website that offers approximate taxi fares to area sites. KSC is listed as 30-35 dollars. I assume a family of four can fit in 1 taxi, we always do, but that is 60-70 dollars roundtrip. After seeing that I am definitely renting a car. Prices I have seen range 35-45 for the day. And then we have flexibility. If you are a member of AAA you can purchase tour tickets for 28.99 per person (standard $37.00 ticket). If we rent a car and pre buy our tickets at AAA we can save $115 off of the NCL tour price for our family of 4.

Check out the website www.portcanaveral.org they list shuttle services, which car rental companies have shuttles, some tour companies and that is were you can find the map to taxi fares.

Thanks for that info Mardigras81. We are also planning on going on our own to Kennedy Space Center and figured renting a car would work plus it allows us to go to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. I guess there is no shuttle or anything between the two, so even if you did take a cab to KSC you couldn't get to the Hall of Fame.

How do you get the AAA rate? Do you have to pre-buy the tickets at AAA or do you get the price at Kennedy space center? I hadn't even thought about AAA working for tickets there so thanks!

Thanks for that info Mardigras81. We are also planning on going on our own to Kennedy Space Center and figured renting a car would work plus it allows us to go to the Astronaut Hall of Fame. I guess there is no shuttle or anything between the two, so even if you did take a cab to KSC you couldn't get to the Hall of Fame.

How do you get the AAA rate? Do you have to pre-buy the tickets at AAA or do you get the price at Kennedy space center? I hadn't even thought about AAA working for tickets there so thanks!

That AAA discount is not given at the KSC you must purchase your ticket at a AAA office. They sell the Maximum access ticket which includes the Hall of Fame admission in it. I'm glad you found the info useful.

Happy Touring!!!

We have been calling around to find out information about ksc and the fares for the taxi's. They all seem to be around 35 one way between 65-85 round trip. ksc is about 24.5 miles away from the port. Avis has a rental for under 50 but you need to have the car back by 5:30 as they close up at 6. I think we are gonna definitely go with the car rental. and be back at the ship by 6. If you do book through ncl I believe the cost of the transfer is included.

....Avis has a rental for under 50 but you need to have the car back by 5:30 as they close up at 6. I think we are gonna definitely go with the car rental. and be back at the ship by 6. If you do book through ncl I believe the cost of the transfer is included.

I am also interested in renting a car (with a carseat) at Avis, to go to Disney for they day. I think Avis is about a mile from the port. Does anyone know if taxis are readily available when you get off the ship, or do you need to make arrangements ahead of time?

Thanks. (APO NCL messge board)

Archived