cigars ??

jons dad

Greetings,

There are two nice shops that are close to the tender terminal. I know that one is called Churchhill's and is in a little "stip mall" about a block away from the terminal. It is just across from Little Swizterland inside the square.

The other, I cannot remember its name though, is right at the tendering area across the street. There is a building that really stands out as an historic sight. There is a small corridor that leads you into the store. It looks rather shady, but it is very clean and the people are very nice. Don't worry.

As for cost, both places seem to be a bit more upscale in their pricing, but hey it's a cruise and you just can't find these things in your favorite cigar shop here. I think you can find cigars in the price range of $5 - $32 per stick.

That is the best of my recollection because it has been a couple years since I was there. But they have been steady businesses and have been there on previous trips as well.

Hope this is somehow helpful.

Best Regards

I don't know that there is a website. I have never looked.

As for the cost by the box....my experience is that it isn't much different than 25x the cost of a single stick.

I normally try to have a variety that I smoke while on the cruise itself with maybe a leftover or so for enjoyment when I get back home. I do know that there are inventive ways to have a box shipped to you....two years ago....a variety that I particularly enjoy was around $500 plus shipping to get sent home. I didn't do it though.

• 3 weeks later...

jons dad - If you are looking to buy any cigars while in Grand Cayman, or any of the islands for that matter, you absolutely need to go to an Authorized Habanos S.A. dealer. That is of utmost importance. Cuban cigars are one of the most counterfeited (is that a word?) items in the world, and chances are if you buy them anywhere besides an authorized dealer you are buying fakes. Anyone who tells you they are getting you a "good deal" or has them on the street, or in a grocery store, etc. is selling fakes and you will be getting ripped off. There are several shops near the pier that sell genuine cigars. One way to find them would be to go to the Habanos S.A. website, where you can search destinations for authorized stores.

I don't work for any store or anything like that, I'm not a schill don't worry, I just enjoy fine cigars and hate to see anyone supporting the counterfeiters. Good luck and enjoy!

And of course don't forget, according to the "Trading With the Enemy Act" it is illegal for you to purchase or consume any products of Cuba since you are an American citizen, regardless of where you are in the world.

Archived