Carnival Pride review part 1 2/12/06

tess2cruz

Pride 2/12/06 Review

I must say first, my review may be a bit biased. I was traveling with 3friends from Jr High/High school. We all celebrated our 50th birthdays this year, and this was a reunion, so FUN was the main agenda and that attitude pretty much set the course for the Pride for the week.

EMBARKMENT: We arrived at the port about 10:45 so we had the early check in at the Queen Mary. There wasn’t a lot of direction as to where to go, but we just kept asking. The line moved steady and got through check in quickly to stand in a long line in the sun for about an hour. Fortunately we were in group 1 and got on the ship first. And the hour in line gave me opportunity to talk with some very nice people.

SHIP DÉCOR: I find this to be unimportant to how I enjoy my cruise, but I did like it. Nudity doesn’t bother me, and after a few drinks, some of us had some fun with the lady by the dining room!!

CABIN: On the boards, I had asked if 4 women will fit in an inside cabin, and it was recommended we pay the extra for another cabin. We did get upgraded to an oceanview, obstructed view, but it is the same size. We fit just fine, VERY comfortable, and no problems getting ready for anything, and plenty of room to unpack all our stuff. We even found some empty space the last day! We all think staying in the same cabin made it even more fun.

CREW: I thought the crew was great fun, almost everyone we encountered. Our room steward, Antwart, was always laughing at us. He even put on red lipstick for us for the amazing race!! After a couple of days, it seemed he knew us, what we needed and wanted and took good care of us. Our dining staff, Ulysses and Marcia were so nice, friendly and fun. We got to know all about them, their family’s, and they asked a lot of questions about us. We felt like family before we left. In the lido deck Mermaide Grille we seemed to sit where a waiter named Marcel was working, and he had a wonderful sense of humor, very friendly. On the final morning I saw several other people approach him with tips. The Cruise director, Greg, was cute, but had so many hosts, it didn’t seem he had a lot to do. Some of the hosts seemed to be drinking too much caffeine, but where fun. What most impressed me was the Captain. He was so personable, joked and had fun with the passengers, and I have never seen that before. He is new to the Pride, so I think it will effect the crew in a positive way for future sailings.

Next up, excursions and ship activities.

Archived