Has anyone ever emailed P&O?

Painter

Last week I emailed P&O regarding a question about the shuttle from the Transit Centre.

Have not had a reply at this time.

Why I am asking is that I have emailed them once before about something and never ever got a reply.

?????????????????????????????

Marleneann.

Last week I emailed P&O regarding a question about the shuttle from the Transit Centre.

Why I am asking is that I have emailed them once before about something and never ever got a reply.

Marleneann.

From what I can gather Marleneann, this is very typical of P&O:mad: I think you're better off phoning them, even if they don't know the answer or give you conflicting answers!!! at least you've got a response!!!:rolleyes:

Kerri

still waiting for a response from my 2 emails I sent in January! Trouble is you often want their answers in writing to confirm the rubbish they answer. I got around it by getting my travel agent to contact them and then he confirmed what they said which was enough to get what I wanted onboard when they denied what Ihad been told.

Marleneann.

I have emailed them twice and got answers with 24 hours! :D

Then again, they were both complimenting them. One was regarding excellent service and help I received from one of their Telephone reps and the other was complimenting and naming some of the crew during our most recent cruise.

Maybe I should simply try asking a question like you did and see how long it takes :rolleyes:

I have raised two queries via email and NEVER received a response other than the automated one that they have received my question and will get back to me. I even followed one of them up with a second email and still didn't hear from them. Each time I have used the link on the website to create the message.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

I have raised two queries via email and NEVER received a response other than the automated one that they have received my question and will get back to me. I even followed one of them up with a second email and still didn't hear from them. Each time I have used the link on the website to create the message.

Cheers,

Yes Chaz...I wonder why they place the button there when they don't want to be bothered with our questions.

I have also worked in the hospitality industry and ...yes...sometimes one gets tried by the pesty person, but I feel the effort one makes in taking time for the customer is repaid ten times over with good publicity.

This good publicity is worth money, money.

Maybe P&O would like me to give a talk to their staff. *he he*

Marleneann.

I emailed them twice to obtain a quote for a cruise and got a reply pretty quickly.

However, I've emailed them twice with a genereal question (one about kids dinner & one about drinks available) and have never had a reply, not even the automated one.

In other words, they replied to me when they thought they might make money out of me but didn't bother when they knew they'd already made the money out of me!!!

Karen

OOOPS I just remembered I too did get a response to an email re pricing. This was a specific query re group bookings and not sent to the P&O general feedback address.

I agree it seems they respond to good feedback and opportunities to sell but maybe their spam filters clear away the questions or negative feedback!!

Cheers,

Hi I have had problems emailing P & O too, as they never get back to you. I spoke to one of the reservations guys the other day and they said they can receive emails but can't send them back so they must pass it onto another department. When I cruised last time I went through the marketing dept to a Bertha Martinez but she is away for 6 months . Her other contact in that dept is tanya.rebello@carnivalaustralia.com.

LHM

Hi I have had problems emailing P & O too, as they never get back to you. I spoke to one of the reservations guys the other day and they said they can receive emails but can't send them back so they must pass it onto another department. When I cruised last time I went through the marketing dept to a Bertha Martinez but she is away for 6 months . Her other contact in that dept is tanya.rebello@carnivalaustralia.com.

LHM

But why have the button there to email if they don't intent to reply?.

I am sure there would be a lot of customers who think ...if the company doesn't reply ...best stay well clear of it.

How many sales have they lost due to this policy.

I just can't understand why they would not reply to all emails. Isn't that part of running a good business.

Or am I from the "old school"?

Marleneann.

LHM

Thanks LHM for that email address.

I will use it next time I need to email them.

No probs Marleneann. I totally agree with you re their slackness in responding to emails. I usually wait for at least 1/2 hour when I ring there as well, and they say they are so-o-o busy. Yep they don't really have any competition do they.

LHM

Much as I hate go do against the grain on this thread, I have had occasion to e-mail P&O and have had an altogether different experience. In late 2005 I was considering booking a far eastern cruise, but was concerned that the standards on board the P&O Australia fleet appeared to be significantly lower than P&O itself, Princess and Cunard. The purpose of the e-mail was to pose that very question since I did not want to travel halfway around the world to be disappointed. I received a reply within a couple of days describing the P&O Australia product as being closer to the "Ocean Village" and recommending Pacific Princess (a sister ship to Tahitian Princess on which we had already cruised). As a result, I thanked P&O for the prompt and honest response and will undoubtedly book for Pacific Princess at some time, or perhaps pick up on one of the Oriana or Aurora cruises in that region.

Much as I hate go do against the grain on this thread, I have had occasion to e-mail P&O and have had an altogether different experience. In late 2005 I was considering booking a far eastern cruise, but was concerned that the standards on board the P&O Australia fleet appeared to be significantly lower than P&O itself, Princess and Cunard. The purpose of the e-mail was to pose that very question since I did not want to travel halfway around the world to be disappointed. I received a reply within a couple of days describing the P&O Australia product as being closer to the "Ocean Village" and recommending Pacific Princess (a sister ship to Tahitian Princess on which we had already cruised). As a result, I thanked P&O for the prompt and honest response and will undoubtedly book for Pacific Princess at some time, or perhaps pick up on one of the Oriana or Aurora cruises in that region.

Yes Dak...from the feedback to the question it seems that it is after one has made a booking ...that the problem presents itself.

• 1 month later...

I e mailed on or about 28th March 2006....they did phone back and left a message on my answer machine which I could not hear because of background noise.....so I e -mailed again..about 3.4.2006....but they have not replied....I AM NOT IMPRESSED !!!

Archived