Cruise credits…Celebrity v Hal

cassandra44

My travel agent tells me we can’t insure a Celebrity cruise going in October which was paid for with cruise credits from a cruise cancelled by Celebrity because of covid. If the cruise was leaving in Sept we could cancel without penalty  and get fresh credits ..so insurance would not be necessary ….but not for an Oct cruise. ..

she told me HAL has extended their protection until Dec…but Celebrity has not.

Surely it would be reasonable for Celebrity to do likewise? We hope to go in October but are now worried about losing all our $$$if we are forced to cancel because of some unforeseen event….for which we cannot take out insurance.

I suggest discussing with Steve Dasseos of The Trip Insurance Store if anything possible 

in the same situation i insured trip for costs excluding FCC to provide coverage just  in case i got Covid.

FCC for two people was less than $2,000 total so if we had to cancel it would have stung to lose money but Covid medical expenses could be a potential nightmare if complications

FCC have been extremely difficult for us have have required hours on hold and weeks of delay.  We cancelled a cruise withing the Cruise with Confidence window in February and we are still waiting for the Celebrity Air refund.  Disappointing!