Alaska Air and their link to TravelDoc

Kellie in Texas

Flying from Texas to Vancouver BC in a few days. This is our first flight since 2016 so it's "all new" to us, these days.  We got an email from Alaska Air that included this sentence:  "Please visit our preferred provider, TravelDoc, to determine the citizenship documentation and visa requirements for your trip."  The bolding was included in their sentence. 

There are no instructions when you click on the TravelDoc link. It looks like you enter your flight dates, what type of document you have (i.e., passport) and the passport expiration date.  There are four of us traveling on this Alaska Air reservation, but only my husband got this email. When we completed the form for him and submit it, the next screen says "You are authorized to board if you meet the following conditions" ... and those are fill out arriveCAN, do a Covid test one day before flight back to the U.S., etc.  

Is that all there is to it?  There doesn't seem to be a link to "add another traveller" or anything like that, so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and do the same thing for myself and our two adult sons who are travelling with us.  

TravelDoc is nothing more than a site you can visit that will help you determine if you have all the proper documentation to travel to the international country that you are visiting. It's just an information site with links to (in this case) Canada's entry requirements for US citizens.

Having just flown on Alaska Airlines for years and having just flown to Vancouver for a cruise to Seward, I can say that you will be required to have a valid Passport Book (not card), a completed ArriveCAN (my experience with Alaska is that the flight going into Canada, you will not be allowed to board the aircraft until the gate agent see's and verifies the ArriveCAN app). 

You will need a neg Covid test prior to boarding the ship.

If you are flying home from Alaska (US to US ), no covid test required

If you are flying home from Alaska (US to CN, change planes and then on into US) you will need another ArriveCAN and another Neg Covid test to re-enter US.