Aft Apex/Edge cabin 11269 connects?

happyyaya

We are booked on Apex (which is the same as Edge) aft Sky Suite 11269.  I notice on the deck plan it has a dark line "connecting" it to 11271. I believe 11271 is a sunset veranda. Does anyone know where the "connecting door" is between 11269 and 11271? We're traveling by ourselves so have no idea who will be in 11271. Just concerned if the connecting door is actually inside our cabin? Anyone sailed in 11269 on Edge or Apex who can answer?

24 minutes ago, happyyaya said:

We are booked on Apex (which is the same as Edge) aft Sky Suite 11269.  I notice on the deck plan it has a dark line "connecting" it to 11271. I believe 11271 is a sunset veranda. Does anyone know where the "connecting door" is between 11269 and 11271? We're traveling by ourselves so have no idea who will be in 11271. Just concerned if the connecting door is actually inside our cabin? Anyone sailed in 11269 on Edge or Apex who can answer?

Those two cabins actually have a little antechamber---it has a separate door from the main hallway, then each cabin has its own door.  There is no connecting door actually inside the cabins.

28 minutes ago, happyyaya said:

We had 11270 on the Edge and as stated above there is no door actually connecting the two but an extra outside door going into an entry way.  Ours was the regular Sunset Veranda, very nice and quiet room.  Only weird part is that our door opened outward, I always pulled first 🙂

37 minutes ago, happyyaya said:

connecting door is actually inside our cabin? 

In fact, connecting cabins no longer have the connecting doors inside the cabins.  A double set of doors in the hallway is used to make a little entryway that connects the two cabin doors.

Excellent!  Thank you so much. Am much relieved. We're in the corner aft cabin for back-to-backs on Apex that start with the Norwegian Fjords. Have done the Norwegian Fjords a number of years ago with Celebrity and put it on our list to do again. The aft cabin was fabulous to see the fjords going in and coming out of the Norwegian towns. I am smitten with Norway! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, happyyaya said:

Excellent!  Thank you so much. Am much relieved. We're in the corner aft cabin for back-to-backs on Apex that start with the Norwegian Fjords. Have done the Norwegian Fjords a number of years ago with Celebrity and put it on our list to do again. The aft cabin was fabulous to see the fjords going in and coming out of the Norwegian towns. I am smitten with Norway! 

Glad to hear that the Fjords.  We are on the Apex next May doing the fjords and wondered about the Aft cabins. We didn't know if the side views would be blocked so we went with a regular sky suite.  Really looking forward to the cruise.