Luggage tags

JSR

Several weeks ago we used the Silversea transfer from the airport to the ship. A Silversea representative met us at the airport after we had retrieved our luggage and gave us luggage tags to attach to our luggage. We had the same question about luggage tags because with past Silversea cruises we had taken we had received the silver box with enclosed luggage tags prior to the cruise. Since Silversea no longer sends the silver boxes, we did not know when or how we would get luggage tags. None of the material we received provided the answer. 

We stayed one night at a hotel pre-cruise through Silversea.  Luggage tags were delivered that night to our rooms and needed to be attached by 10 am the following morning for luggage pick-up from our rooms.  The luggage wound up being packed into the bus that took us to the ship so we arrived together.  Also at the cruise terminal there were two desks set up with luggage tags for attaching for those that arrived without them.  Easy/peesy either way.  No worries.

I hate repetitive tasks like filling out luggage tags, so I always print my info on stick on labels then stick them on the luggage tag.  Since this is our first SS cruise, I assume the same info is needed, that is, name, address,  ship name, sailing date, cabin number.   Correct?  

On 6/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, forgap said:

I hate repetitive tasks like filling out luggage tags, so I always print my info on stick on labels then stick them on the luggage tag.  Since this is our first SS cruise, I assume the same info is needed, that is, name, address,  ship name, sailing date, cabin number.   Correct?  

What a good idea. We are already in Iceland but will remember that for next time. Luckily Cunard had tags we good print prior to leaving for a QM2 cruise home.