2007 Presidents' week

babylene

Hi Arlene::D

I am not American but it is always the 3rd Monday in February. The reason that I now have that etched in my brain is because once, and only once, we took a cruise during President's Week. Never again. So I always make sure that we don't pick a cruise around the 3rd Monday in Feb.

In 2007, President's Day is February 19th.

Thanks Doreen! Actually, we will be cruising then, but the cruise starts on the 12th, so I guess we won't get the school kids. We are looking to spend time in Puerto Rico, pre or post cruise and so I was wondering which we to avoid!

How do you like the cold? I have been home with a cold/cough for too long. Gotta get better soon.

You will love the Summit to Hawaii! If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer.

Ha! And we spent 3 extra days in L.A...which turned out to be warmer than Hawaii! The weather in Hawaii is very comfortable..not humid..good for sightseeing or beach.

It poured in Hilo...so to be safe..be prepared. The cabin had umbrellas.

During the really cool days on board, you will probably be inside most of the time. Just mix and match and be sure to have cover-ups. You'll be fine. I think we pack too much for all cruises...especially the longer ones.

Would any of you kind Americans please tell me which week will be Presidents' week next year? Thanks in advance.

My Son has Feb 19th-23rd 2007 off of school. This is the first time his school district has given a whole week off in Feb. Ususally it is 3 mondays. We will be planning a cruise that week.

Michelle in SoCal

Mercury 4/7/06

Yikes, I just got off the phone and booked a cruise on the Constellation Feb. 19! I'm thinking since it is an 11 day cruise, chances are it will not be infested with kids (not that there's anything wrong with kids...).

But I'm guessing we'll pay a pretty penny for airfare flying down that weekend just prior to the cruise. Oh well....

Arlene:

Thanks for the info.:)

Another thought has occured to me. I'd appreciate your opinion.

We have decided to rent a car in Hilo to go to the Volcano and in Kauai to go to Waimea canyon.

It seems that Hilo is the rainiest of all the islands. My question is ...Is it worth going by car to Volcano National Park if it's raining.:confused:

If I were you, I would do the your pre-cruise in P.R. if you want to avoid the rush of vationing families.:rolleyes:

I probably will do the pre-cruise. It's better to go early and if we choose post-cruise, we will have to go to a hotel twice. The only problem is that if we stay 5-7 days pre-cruise, what will our clothes look like when we unpack on the ship?????

Waimea Canyon is gorgeous. I don't know the map of Kauai, but Hanalei Bay is also Spectacular. If you have a car you may be able to do both. We had done them on different days. We drove to Hanalei Bay and did the river cruise/fern grotto on our own. I seem to recall having a driver take us to Waimea.

If you rent a car in Hilo, can you cancel at the last minute if it rains? The tours went out, but I don't think it was very comfortable. Check if there is something indoors (information centre with films,etc). That could be your last resort. I hope you will be luckier than we were!

Archived