Confused about States' Pricing!

Smithgirl2

I'm booked on the Triumph in March, and I'm going with three girlfriends who all go to school in Massachusetts. I we booked from MA (that's where our docs were sent), but I'm technically from Texas, and that's the address on everything from my driver's license to my credit card.

I recently looked at the prices on icruise, and while the prices for MA were higher than what we paid, but the prices if I entered "Texas" as my state were much much lower.

I called a Carnival "Supervisor" (my PVP is no longer there, apparently) to ask him about the differences, but he wouldn't really answer my question and said that since I was "in penalty" (our final payment was Jan 1st) they wouldn't make "price adjustments" anyway. This sounded wrong to me since I knew that people had been given on-board credit if they found a better price.

So my question is, is it too late to argue that I technically reside in Texas but go to school in MA and should have been told about that pricing? My dad is pretty upset at the fact that if he had booked it in Texas we could have had a better price, and my PVP never gave me the option.

Maybe I'm being silly, but I also think that I shouldn't be made to feel bad for trying to get the best price! Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.

Because you booked using the residency of MA thats where the booking generated.

call and speak to someone else and see what else they can do. ask for a cabin credit.

Are all the people from Tx? that may be why there is a confusion-

It appears you booked directly since you mentioned your PVP. Does your drivers license say TX? I had many adjustments on our March cruise after final payment date, including free upgrades and onboard credits (we have 7 cabins). Call extension 83397. I really think they will help you.

If they won't help you, call again after awhile and get someone else. It is amazing how they will give you many different answers at Carnival. Call until you get the one you are looking for. If you have proof of TX residency, tell them.

It appears you booked directly since you mentioned your PVP. Does your drivers license say TX? I had many adjustments on our March cruise after final payment date, including free upgrades and onboard credits (we have 7 cabins). Call extension 83397. I really think they will help you.

Thanks, I tried that extension. What office was that? They said that I really needed to speak to a PVP. My dl definitely says Texas. I've left several messages in different places asking for a new PVP to call me, so hopefully I'll get somewhere!

I know! It's out of control!

I'm just trying to focus on enjoying that on-hold music and remember that in just a few days I'll be relaxing on the boat!

One time I held for an hour for that extension, but they helped me.

Try this in a couple hours. x33055. She has been amazing!

Did you book with Carnival?

and what address did you book the cruise with.

If you booked elsewhere the people at Carnival wont talk with you.

and if you used your MA address its already in the system-

Smithy said her PVP is gone now, so it looks like she booked with them. Maybe she could just fax her license to them to show TX address.

My PVP is gone now, too. She is very sick. :(

Keep us updated!

This was from a few days ago, but I just wanted to thank you both for your help!

I finally got ahold of a woman (call me sexist--some things are true!) at the Supervisor's extension. She saw that I had spoken to someone earlier and I told her that I felt like he didn't really listen to my concerns. She was wonderful and listened to everything and just said, "If you have a Texas address, I can change it right now!" So I gave her my home address, she changed the booking, looked at the icruise prices for TX residents and said that to put me on par with those prices she could give me a 2 upgrades. So now we're on the Upper Deck rather than the Riviera Deck and in the same type of cabin (which was important to us).

And we cruised happily ever after....

did you not have to fax any proof?

That sounded bizarre- too good to be true.

Make sure you take your proof of residency with you.

(read too many stories where people got discounts and couldnt prove it. (senior discount the agent put them in for--only having to pay the difference when they checked in.

This was from a few days ago, but I just wanted to thank you both for your help!

I finally got ahold of a woman (call me sexist--some things are true!) at the Supervisor's extension. She saw that I had spoken to someone earlier and I told her that I felt like he didn't really listen to my concerns. She was wonderful and listened to everything and just said, "If you have a Texas address, I can change it right now!" So I gave her my home address, she changed the booking, looked at the icruise prices for TX residents and said that to put me on par with those prices she could give me a 2 upgrades. So now we're on the Upper Deck rather than the Riviera Deck and in the same type of cabin (which was important to us).

And we cruised happily ever after....

Smithgirl2:

Way to go!

Other than a change in decks, did she come up with any onboard credit for you? It has been my experience that after final payment they are more likely to do onboard credit than an actual refund.

did you not have to fax any proof?

That sounded bizarre- too good to be true.

Make sure you take your proof of residency with you.

(read too many stories where people got discounts and couldnt prove it. (senior discount the agent put them in for--only having to pay the difference when they checked in.

No, I didn't have to fax any proof. I will definitely have my DL with me, but we didn't get a discount, just a cabin change to adjust to the Texas pricing on icruise. I've been dealing with Carnival the whole time and not a travel agency. Thanks for the heads-up though!

I'm sailing in March..........and recently I had a situation comparable to yours. I received $560.00 on-board credit and I upgraded one of my rooms.

Just make sure you get them to fax/email you a copy of your new guest confirmation!

They did it for me......in a matter of minutes, I had two new guest confirmations showing my upgraded room assignment and my on-board credits. That way at least I'll have something on paper that states that I am entitled to these from Carnival! Just in case there is a problem during embarktation.

Good Luck! Enjoy your Cruise!

Carnival Conquest - 03/25/06

Smithgirl2:

Way to go!

Other than a change in decks, did she come up with any onboard credit for you? It has been my experience that after final payment they are more likely to do onboard credit than an actual refund.

No, no onboard credits, just the "upgrade." I mentioned it a few times, but she proposed the upgrade and we decided that was fair. *sigh* Maybe next time.

No, no onboard credits, just the "upgrade." I mentioned it a few times, but she proposed the upgrade and we decided that was fair. *sigh* Maybe next time.

I think i misled you a little...SORRY....I didn't get both free, I paid for the upgrade (inside to Balcony).....but, i called back a couple of weeks later and received the on-boards credits....($460 for inside room/ $100 for balcony)....if I would have asked for the credits before I upgraded, I would have gotten even more of a discount, because of the inside room.... the balcony room didn't receive near as much of a discount/on-board credit....OH WELL!

Anyway, I was just making sure you knew that they could email you a copy of your NEW guest confirmation showing your upgrade.

Not sure why Carnival would care or honor what icruise prices were :confused:

shouldn't Icruises prices be the same as CCL's since they can't advertise a lower price. Well they could if they had group space but since the cruise is in a few days wouldn't the unsold cabins have been turned back in by now?

Bill

Please..........Stop and take a Deep Breath !

Hold is a Second...........

Now....Exhale Slowly..............very slowly..........

Now.....Do Not let this color your whole cruise experience !

It's nice to get a break.......but sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not.

Take it from someone who's been there....just don't let this stress you enough to effect your cruise......

No, I didn't have to fax any proof. I will definitely have my DL with me, but we didn't get a discount, just a cabin change to adjust to the Texas pricing on icruise. I've been dealing with Carnival the whole time and not a travel agency. Thanks for the heads-up though!

you booked with carnival and saw a pricing on another site? and carnival came through for you?? WOW

you booked with carnival and saw a pricing on another site? and carnival came through for you?? WOW

Honestly, I don't know if that's what happened, because as you can tell, I have NO IDEA how it works, lol! All I know is that icruise prices are lower than the prices on the Carnival website and that's what I told them. A lot of people on my roll-call were watching the prices on icruise to see if it dropped. That's what started this whole thing for me!

Again, maybe it was simply that I changed to booking to originate in Texas. I have no idea.

Voyager: Haha, thanks for the breathing tip. That's what I keep telling myself. I'm still curious about what's going on, but I am very happy with our price and our cabin, so we're set to go on our fab vacation!

Archived