I know this has been asked before but I can't find it in the search, how many days out are people getting their flight inform

jamadeliz

On 6/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, MochaChip23 said:

Update:  We got placeholder flights showing up in the app yesterday June 11 for our July 10th cruise from Rome.  We have a deviation so actually leaving July 7.  Now waiting the official email with flights (although my TA says he has and is sending me in email today)!

Not sure if this was just by chance or because I finally reached the air department yesterday and after talking to the agent, she put in a request to get them assigned since we were less than 30 days out.

Finally got our flights. Ended up not being able to sit with each other on the flight home (11 hour flight). There were only 10 seats left on the plane and they were scattered about. I reserved seats that were as close as possible. Also, as a side note, I had to pay to make the seat selections.

Hindsight is everything. Definitely would not book air with NCL again.

17 hours ago, Vvanalstine said:

Finally got our flights. Ended up not being able to sit with each other on the flight home (11 hour flight). There were only 10 seats left on the plane and they were scattered about. I reserved seats that were as close as possible. Also, as a side note, I had to pay to make the seat selections.

Hindsight is everything. Definitely would not book air with NCL again.

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't have any idea about seats for our flights yet.  We had to call one airline to get locator numbers.  Turns out we are on partner flights with one connection each way.  Tried once for an hour on hold and gave up.  Will try this week again.

How much did you have to pay?  Was it to reserve a seat or move it to another location?

Edited by MochaChip23

2 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

Thanks for posting about this.  We don't have any idea about seats for our flights yet.  We had to call one airline to get locator numbers.  Turns out we are on partner flights with one connection each way.  Tried once for an hour on hold and gave up.  Will try this week again.

How much did you have to pay?  Was it to reserve a seat or move it to another location?

I’m not even sure how much it will cost. The cost was to pick our seat. Otherwise, we would have been assigned a seat at the airport. The rep told me I can pay at the airport. Honestly I didn’t even think to ask the price.

We are on three separate partner/carrier flights on the way there. United, Lufthansa, and Delta. 
FWIW, I was able to pick seats on the Delta flights online at no cost. I had to call Lufthansa, as that can’t be done online, and that’s where the charge was. They initially told me there was nothing they can do about seat selection since it was booked through the cruise line. I kindly persisted that they please check and after sometime they came back and  were able to.

On 6/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Vvanalstine said:

I’m not even sure how much it will cost. The cost was to pick our seat. Otherwise, we would have been assigned a seat at the airport. The rep told me I can pay at the airport. Honestly I didn’t even think to ask the price.

We are on three separate partner/carrier flights on the way there. United, Lufthansa, and Delta. 
FWIW, I was able to pick seats on the Delta flights online at no cost. I had to call Lufthansa, as that can’t be done online, and that’s where the charge was. They initially told me there was nothing they can do about seat selection since it was booked through the cruise line. I kindly persisted that they please check and after sometime they came back and  were able to.

Yesterday we got our email with the flight locators (we leave July 7).  We were able to select seats online for the way home on British Airways.  We are flying Lufthansa on the way there and are unable to make seat reservations online or by phone.  After waiting over an hour to talk to someone we were told they can't pull up a seat map for our reservations.  Interesting you were able to get your seats by paying them.  I have my TA looking into this as he's not run into this before.  Very strange but it sounds like a Lufthansa issue.

14 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

Yesterday we got our email with the flight locators (we leave July 7).  We were able to select seats online for the way home on British Airways.  We are flying Lufthansa on the way there and are unable to make seat reservations online or by phone.  After waiting over an hour to talk to someone we were told they can't pull up a seat map for our reservations.  Interesting you were able to get your seats by paying them.  I have my TA looking into this as he's not run into this before.  Very strange but it sounds like a Lufthansa issue.

At first Lufthansa said there was no way they’d be able to help since the cruise line booked. It did take some some time for the person to be able to figure it out, but they did. They were also able to assign a seat for my husband, who is our “travel-with”. Online it did say that we wouldn’t be able to make any changes.

Maybe I just got lucky and spoke to the right person!

On 6/15/2022 at 10:45 PM, MochaChip23 said:

I take that back about Lufthansa booking our seats. The ones that the agent said she could put us in have now disappeared, so it looks like we are out of luck.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:36 AM, Vvanalstine said:

Update:  As of 6/17 we still do not have seat assignments. We have tried through Lufthansa's website and made phone calls which didn't result in any assignment.

I have come to the conclusion that Lufthansa doesn't want to allow seat assignments for the NCL cruise air customers until day before/of the flight.  I've been reading the boards and have only heard this situation occurring with Lufthansa.  We plan to call NCL air tomorrow but I doubt they will be able to do anything.  Very disappointed, especially since we booked this cruise in March 2021.

Edited by MochaChip23

11 hours ago, Vvanalstine said:

I take that back about Lufthansa booking our seats. The ones that the agent said she could put us in have now disappeared, so it looks like we are out of luck.

Yea it seems they don't want the NCL air passengers to have seats until 24 hours before the flight.  Disappointed.

41 minutes ago, MochaChip23 said:

Yea it seems they don't want the NCL air passengers to have seats until 24 hours before the flight.  Disappointed.

Yep, it really is disappointing. I’m going to attempt to contact NCL Air tomorrow as well. I’m not holding my breath on them helping though. 

I am 24 days out from our flight and still haven’t gotten anything. Flying to Fairbanks from Boston. I have called the flight department twice, both times the system transferred me over to a cruise consultant who had to transfer me back to the flight department. All the flight department said was they would send an email to the back office and I should see it within 72 hours. The 2nd time I called was more than 72 hours from the first. I tried calling my PCC but he said they have been told they can’t confirm flights nor stay on the phone with the flights department more than a few minutes. He transferred us over to a “supervisor” who was the most useless person yet. He kept saying they are working on it and didn’t even listen to what we were saying.

The cherry on all of this? We asked for a deviation on the way (months ago) there and we were told no because we are doing a cruise tour first and that the first day of our cruise tour is dedicated to us flying in and getting to our hotel. 

Obviously I am upset. This won’t make us stop using NCL but we will probably remove the flight option for our cruise next June. 

I can understand frustration with not knowing what your flights are going to be.  Considering the current state of airlines I wouldn't be surprised if a flight that's booked today isn't canceled and re-booked by the time you fly in less than a month.  I have a feeling the NCL air department is scrambling to keep current with flight changes for sailings that are closer than yours and already have flights booked (and then canceled and re-booked by the airlines).

I have to travel for work in August, I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the flight booking/rebooking portion of that...

This is great.  We received our flight info for an Alaskan Cruisetour. We are 24 days out.    Our tour begins July 12th.  They have us flying into Anchorage(it begins in Fairbanks) on July 16th.  I am getting super worried that this cruise might not happen.

Just finally got our flight information. We are 28 Days out from our cruise on July 17th. We also have a 2 Day deviation. 
The flights we were booked on was actually the placeholder flight they had in my summary online. 
I was able to change my seats for all of my flights so they were next to each other. I had to call Lufthansa to do so and there was a $54 charge per person. 
you can wait until he day of checkin to choose your seats for free, but I did not want to take the chance of not sitting together so I payed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joeydirt501 said:

Just finally got our flight information. We are 28 Days out from our cruise on July 17th. We also have a 2 Day deviation. 
The flights we were booked on was actually the placeholder flight they had in my summary online. 
I was able to change my seats for all of my flights so they were next to each other. I had to call Lufthansa to do so and there was a $54 charge per person. 
you can wait until he day of checkin to choose your seats for free, but I did not want to take the chance of not sitting together so I payed. 

Thanks for posting this! I just called Lufthansa again and was able to reserve and pay for our seats.

1 hour ago, Vvanalstine said:

Thanks for posting this! I just called Lufthansa again and was able to reserve and pay for our seats.

Hmmm...we called yesterday, and were not given this option.  Was this $54 pp for each flight or all flights?  We have 4 people and 2 Lufthansa flights so that would add up quickly for us.

Edited by MochaChip23

1 hour ago, Vvanalstine said:

Hmmm...we called yesterday, and we not given this option.  Was this $54 pp for each flight or all flights?  We have 4 people and 2 Lufthansa flights so that would add up quickly for us.

16 minutes ago, MochaChip23 said:

Hmmm...we called yesterday, and we not given this option.  Was this $54 pp for each flight or all flights?  We have 4 people and 2 Lufthansa flights so that would add up quickly for us.

It was $54 per person for both flights. The first was like $34(international) and the second was $20(Europe connecting flight).

we’re going to our honeymoon and it would’ve really sucked if we didn’t get seats next to each other on our honeymoon! 

24 minutes ago, Joeydirt501 said:

we’re going to our honeymoon and it would’ve really sucked if we didn’t get seats next to each other on our honeymoon! 

Congrats!  also - where was MY wedding invite? (I'm also near Albany)

6 hours ago, MochaChip23 said:

Ours was $49 per person for preferred seating for two legs of our flights(both Lufthansa). The cost included seats on both flights. We have five people.

We are on the Gem departing July 10 but we have a 1 day deviation before and 1 day after so leaving July 8 (DC to Venice). We finally got our flights on June 16 (22 days before flying and 24 days before sailing). NCL booked us in Lufthansa DC to Frankfurt, 3 hour layover, Frankfurt to Venice and then returning Venice to Frankfurt, 1 hour layover and Frankfurt to DC. I created a Lufthansa account as soon as I got the info and logged in to book seats. Tons available. Price for a reserved seat was 35-50 per seat on the international legs and 14-20 on the Europe legs. I found out after I paid for seats that I could have logged jn 23 hours prior and gotten them free (probably why so many available but I just want to have it done so for $200 like knowing it is done). Flights include free checked bag and free carryon (international sizes and can’t exceed 18 lbs).

I was actually very happy. Ok would have preferred a slightly shorter layover in Frankfurt but the advantage of the flight NCL put us on is that there are four more flights after ours from IAD to Frankfurt so that is helpful!  We wouldn’t have done this cruise without the free airfare offer. Cheapest flights I found were $1260 (and most closet to $1400) and that was connections and times not nearly as good. NCL charged me $1300 for the tickets so I am very pleased.