Direct ferries from Naples to Amalfi

euro cruiser

Tourism is back in a big way and I'm seeing more ferry options from Naples than I remember for several years prior to Covid.

Two ferry companies are now offering direct service from Naples to Amalfi this summer, one every day of the week, the other on weekends only.

Everyday on NLG through the end of September there is a ferry from Molo Beverello, the pier adjacent to the cruise port, at 8:35 that arrives to Amalfi at 10:20.  

The afternoon return will be too late for most cruise passengers, it departs Amalfi at 16:55 (4:55 PM) and arrives to Naples at 18:40 (6:40 PM).

NLG:  Napoli-Amalfi - NLG (navlib.it)

On Saturdays and Sundays Alilauro has a departure from Naples at 8:10, arriving to Amalfi at 9:10 with the return departing Amalfi at 18:50 (6:50 PM) and arriving to Naples at 20:10 (8:10 PM).

Again, the return is too late for almost all cruise passengers.

Alilauro:  Orari e tariffe | Alilauro

However, it's an interesting alternative in the mornings.  I especially like the weekend service from Alilauro, it's almost impossible to get to Amalfi by 9:10 AM any other way.

DIYers could easily combine a morning ferry with a return by train to avoid the horrendous traffic along the one-lane-in-each-direction Amalfi Coast road.