What did the QM2 Hit last month

more mangos please

Cunard's (Commodore Warwick's) letter to passengers dated January 18, 2006 said "At approximately 1:20 p.m. yesterday, Queen Mary 2 came into contact with the side of the underwater channel and subsequently our bridge instruments indicated a problem with one of the ship's four propulsion pods."

It appears to me that they are rethinking this and perhaps they believe it may have been something else. Please post any CG or Cunard investigations that report more details if you run across any.

Rick

Cunard's (Commodore Warwick's) letter to passengers dated January 18, 2006 said "At approximately 1:20 p.m. yesterday, Queen Mary 2 came into contact with the side of the underwater channel and subsequently our bridge instruments indicated a problem with one of the ship's four propulsion pods."

It appears to me that they are rethinking this and perhaps they believe it may have been something else. Please post any CG or Cunard investigations that report more details if you run across any.

Rick

You know, I almost posted this the other day when we were talking about Commodore Warwick's absence (While Kim was still onboard) I wonder if there was some sort of inquiry, or even just that he had to report to Cunard to go over what he thinks happened, what readings were on instruments and so on, both in terms of why it happened, and what they must do to fix it. After all, we don't know if any of the staff captains or engineers were also gone form the ship. As he and Kim will be visiting with her mother for a month in Hawaii, it was best to do this now, so as to not interrupt their vacation. How was his absence i(In Valpariaso, I believe) timed with the announcements about the dropped and altered cruises for the pod work. He may have had to meet with Cunard execs and engineers back home.

Karie, Who really likes the Commodore and knows he must just feel awful about this happening, as he nears retirement.

Archived