Beacon testing Alaska

tfox1018

We are flying into Anchorage in August before our cruise, and are staying at the Princess hotel in Anchorage (Hotel Captain Cook) for three nights and then on a Princess transfer to the ship.  A few weeks ago, I just called the hotel directly and talked to the Princess rep at the tour desk at the hotel. She told me that the Egan center is doing testing daily and that appointments are not necessary.  I plan to call again when it is closer, but that was what she told me.  She said it is a 2 block walk from the hotel (you don't post where you are staying though).    There are also a number of Walgreens in Anchorage that let you make an appointment about 10 days ahead of time, but none of those were in walking distance of the hotel.  

16 hours ago, TW6cruiser said:

We are flying into Anchorage in August before our cruise, and are staying at the Princess hotel in Anchorage (Hotel Captain Cook) for three nights and then on a Princess transfer to the ship.  A few weeks ago, I just called the hotel directly and talked to the Princess rep at the tour desk at the hotel. She told me that the Egan center is doing testing daily and that appointments are not necessary.  I plan to call again when it is closer, but that was what she told me.  She said it is a 2 block walk from the hotel (you don't post where you are staying though).    There are also a number of Walgreens in Anchorage that let you make an appointment about 10 days ahead of time, but none of those were in walking distance of the hotel.  

Thank you, this is great info! We are staying  at Aspen Suites but have a bus taking us so transportation isn’t a problem.