Playa Porto Mari

kateg

We loved this beach and it is well worth the drive.  First the only  negatives....at one point a tour bus came and dropped off a ton of people and that made everything a bit too crowded.  All those people made the restaurant very backed up.  In the afternoon the bees came out in force so if you had a drink or food near you they came to visit.  My daughter is very allergic to insect/bee stings so we wrapped up early.

This beach is past a place where you can view flamingos ..so you can do two things with one drive.  They have lots of parking.  The bathrooms were clean with 3 stalls and a changing areas for the women.  They have a gift shop/dive shop and restaurant.  The entrance fee is 3 dollars US per person but they didn't give us a choice and charged us all for chairs too.  Normally I don't get chairs for my whole group because we aren't lay in the sun people.  But at 3.50 for a chair it wasn't a big deal.  W arrived in late morning and easily found 6 chairs together.  Umbrellas are free but don't expect to get one if you arrive late.  

This beach is easily one of the prettiest I've ever seen.  It isn't vast but it is big enough that you can walk and explore or swim or just relax. The water is dreamy turquoise and calm. The snorkeling from shore was fantastic.  My group saw so many cool things without even really trying.  You could easily stay for the whole day.