Help. Don't know what to do

Short version.

We had a cruise booked in march. Got moved to august as we all got Covid literally a few days before flight!

So new date is now in August.

Thought it was all ok until we got a phone call today from tui asking when my daughter has last had her Covid Vaccine. She had it in November. So she literally is over the 270 day requirement by a few days 

The lady told us that she cannot go unless she has a booster, but the NHS isn't providing boosters for over 12s unless they are at high risk. Which she isn't. 

So our options are cancel and refund or get a booster. She is calling back tomorrow.

Is there any advice? 

We are devastated at having yet another holiday cancelled! 

I don’t know the answer to your question it must be a common problem though so my thoughts are if you post the question on a much busier group such as ncl or p&o surely someone would be able to help?

1 minute ago, Brummijam said:

Have a word with your GP. You may be able to pay to have it done as a private vaccination. 
Not sure if this is possible but worth asking.

I was just going to suggest the same. I’m sure your surgery have had other similar queries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to bring this back up. Did you get a solution?

We are in the same situation. My son is 273 days at time of departure. Marella rebooked us on that date without question after we all got covid back in March!

Haven't had a phone call yet.

My son is 13, does have autism, sensory issues, etc. I'm surprised he doesn't qualify for a booster.

I'm just wondering if you spoke to the GP or not?#
Thanks

Yes I spoke to my gp but we didn't have a good enough reason for a booster so the answer was no.

I rang marella back up and pleaded but she gave us 2 options.

Leave out over 12 behind or cancel. 

So we have had to cancel. I asked her if we could rebook for next year but she says the over 12 booster is still a requirement so marella is no longer allowed to book over 12's unless they have had a booster.

I told her out government isn't boosting over 12's. She said that's not her fault. 

Very helpful. My daughter has sunk into depression over this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, Flickjax said:

If they don't start being more sensible it will start to cost Marella in numbers. I also agree there telephone customer service has a lot of issues, consistency being one of them.

Unfortunately, it's not all down to TUI, it's the countries in Europe that are stipulating the 270 day rule.