cruise excursions

we don't sail till 15th January 2023, doing Paradise islands and the Tropical Delights, 1st I can't seem to be able to book any excursions on-line, is this because we are to far away from our departure date, and also is there anyway of finding out what's to do in each port, we sailed in 2011 and I found someone who had put a full intinary of what they thought where the best thing to do in each port, it was a great help, but I can't seem to find anything like that again, there are 6 of us going aged from 51 to 69 and feel responsible for finding things for us to do at each port, 2011 cruise was GREAT because I had a plan in place, I'm trying to do the same thing for 2023 cruise. any help info would be appreciated Thanks  

The Caribbean is the easiest place to do DIY trips. At each port there will be lots of taxis waiting (usually mini buses so perfect for all your group). The drivers will show you a map of the places they will take you and charge around $20 per head, you don't pay until they drop you back at the ship. They are reliable and will get you back to the ship in plenty  of time. 

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

It does have an overview of every port of call on Marella website but if you go to ports of call on this website you will find everything you need to know and the people are so helpful

• Thanks 1

Thank you to you both. Tui got in touch but don’t release excursions until 4 months before we sail. Think we are going to try and work out which ports have a beach close by and grab a taxi like you said Donnygirl and then the ones that don’t book with tui. Thanks again for replying 

3 hours ago, su6711 said:
3 hours ago, su6711 said:

Think we are going to try and work out which ports have a beach close by and grab a taxi like you said Donnygirl and then the ones that don’t book with tui. Thanks again for replying

When we did the beach thing the taxi dropped us off and came back at the agreed time and as DG says they didn't charge us until back at the ship. 

• Thanks 1