Wheelchair access at Port of San Francisco

CACruiser22

Wheelchair access at Port of San Francisco

Traveling with my parents and one of them will require a wheelchair to embark to ship. We already have one reserved that will be in the cabin once he gets there so that’s not a concern. We have requested a wheelchair assistance in the online check-in process but can anyone advise on the procedure once we get to the pier?

Thank you!

We were at the San Francisco Port on May 16, my husband also needed wheelchair assistance.They were understaffed and just had 2 crew members to take people onboard.We arrived at 10:30 which was our check in time first time platinum cruisers.They did have employees from outside wheel my husband in thru check in and security and than took us to a area where there were chairs lined up so you could sit and wait and wait! There was a cruise member that took your cabin number down and when someone was available would take you up in the order that you arrived in that area. But that did not happen,we had people come in after us and would complain and were taken up before us.A couple times we had asked how much longer? Very unorganized! Did not get on ship till about 12:10 p.m.Some people were tired of waiting and just walked up,which I would not recommend, it is a very long gangway.So I’m hoping for your sake things have improved,otherwise this is what you can expect.