GrandmaOhio

Heads up cruisers…Got this message from Holland America this morning:

Embark Date: Ship:
Jun 10, 2022
Jun 19, 2022 Noordam
Voyage: From Port: To Port:
N241 Whittier Vancouver
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION
We wish to advise you of an update to our onboard mask policy for your voyage. Out of an abundance of caution due to the rise in positive COVID-19 cases throughout Alaska, all guests will be required to wear face masks at all times while indoors on board during your cruise, except when eating or drinking or in their own staterooms. Masks are highly recommended while outdoors in large gatherings or if physical distancing cannot be maintained. We also strongly recommend wearing masks while ashore, particularly when indoors, on public transportation or in crowded areas. Masks are also required on all cruise line- sponsored transportation, such as motorcoaches and rail.
Guests who do not comply with this mandate may not be permitted to board the ship or may be disembarked.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to exploring Alaska with you.

On 6/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, Freckles1983 said:

On the nieuw Amsterdam rn and hardly anyone wearing masks.  I’m not sure how strictly they will enforce that on your cruise but it doesn’t seem like anyone cares here.  We are still masking but seem to be the minority 

On 6/11/2022 at 6:57 PM, Freckles1983 said:

On the nieuw Amsterdam rn and hardly anyone wearing masks.  I’m not sure how strictly they will enforce that on your cruise but it doesn’t seem like anyone cares here.  We are still masking but seem to be the minority 

Masks have been suggested but not mandated so I’m sure people are opting out. Now they are mandated for inside and on any cruise excursion transportation. 
I think HAL is trying to be ahead of things since numbers are rising. People still need to be preventative as this isn’t going to vanish. We need to figure out how best to do what we love and still all be safe. 

• Like 1