Price Drop Question

Mom1977

Those who have asked and recieved a ship credit because the price dropped, are you going only with the price on Carnival's site?

I noticed the price for 8A guar hasn't dropped on the site, or 2 of the online sites. But 2 others have dropped the price 250.! For 2 of us, that would add up to alot of drinks! But I'm not sure if Carnival has a Walmart type "we'll beat their price" type plan.

Mom1977:

We booked through Sams Club for our cruise last June and used Carnival's site for a price drop and another site for on board credit. We also sent in a $100 off coupon to Carnival and they credited us for that as well.

For our next cruise we called Carnival after noticing a price drop and they found considerably more price drops for us; ~$1700 worth. I haven't noticed any drops since then but that deal made me quit looking so often. :D

So even though you booked through Sams Cub you could get a credit by calling Carnival?? :confused: From the other posts I have read I thought I had to call my TA to try and get any kind of credit. I have way too long to wait until my next cruise so I will be checking pricing often - just want to know what is the best route to take if it does drop.

So even though you booked through Sams Cub you could get a credit by calling Carnival?? :confused: From the other posts I have read I thought I had to call my TA to try and get any kind of credit. I have way too long to wait until my next cruise so I will be checking pricing often - just want to know what is the best route to take if it does drop.

cotton32563:

No. The credit was applied by SamsClub based on Carnival.com price drop. A second credit, in the form of onboard credit, was applied by SamsClub based on a price drop from another website. We sent the Coupon for $100 directly to Carnival and Carnival credited our CC for that amount.

So your first credit was based on Carnival reducing their price. But your second wasn't Carnival reducing, but another site reducing. But then again, you took yours to Sams Club.

I guess my question is will Carnival reduce based on another site, after I booked through Carnival?

So your first credit was based on Carnival reducing their price. But your second wasn't Carnival reducing, but another site reducing. But then again, you took yours to Sams Club.

I guess my question is will Carnival reduce based on another site, after I booked through Carnival?

Mom1977:

The second reduction may have been available through Carnival too; sometimes the deals are hard to find on their site. I never did find the one they gave me for our next cruise on their site.

Carnival still hasn't dropped their price on the website. But they are doing free upgrades on this cruise. 8A to 8D are all being upgraded to 8E.

Mom1977:

It may not seem like it but that is a price drop; If you booked 8E, you'll be refunded the difference or given ship board credit for difference you paid vs 8C. ie: You booked 8E and paid $1000. You'll get to keep your room but be charged an 8C price of $800. Result will be $200/pax #one and two refund or ship board credit. Third and fourth pax fare is usually lower with lower grades as well so you'll get that back too. So look at the fare for two categories below yours and if that's lower, call them and request that fare to be applied to your booking.

Archived