Livorno getting to and from ship

glasgal

We’re sailing into Livorno on Rhapsody of the seas mid July. Picking up a tour to Florence at port entrance.

I’ve cruised into Livorno a few times - last time in 2017. It was horrific trying to board the port bus back to the ship. big crowd, long ‘ queue’ , erratic bus arrivals.  Was even a security guard at the bus stop as people were pushing and shoving trying to get on board each bus that arrived, worried that they’d miss their ship.

my question is, is it still as bad getting to and from the ship. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to do it ? 

I do not know if the number of buses depends on what the cruiseline pays, yet I had better experience on other lines.

Anyway, the easiest was to avoid crowds and stress is to take a taxi.

They are normalky easily available both in the city centre and a the train station.

CORRECTION: Sorry, forget about the above. I missed that you were looking for the shuttle to the port entrance, not into town.

Edited by carlmm

We had a similar experience trying to board the bus in Livorno to go back to our NCL ship (first and last time on NCL).  Rather than allow my elderly mother to continue being shoved around by the crowd we paid 25 euro for a taxi back to the ship.

Edited by euro cruiser