What time / ship to rebook for 4th time trying Alaska?

Kitty Ellas Mom

So, I missed my thrice rescheduled Princess cruise with a group, but now I'm wondering if I should book a similar thing for 2023 b/c I still really want to do this itinerary.  I still really love the Princess, Glacier Bay, Vancouver to Whittier route, with Skagway, Juneau and Ketchican.  I've seen some posts here talking about Skagway being dropped and that would be a deal breaker for me b/c I really want to do the train there (even if it's only in Alaska next season).  I'm finding myself unsure of when and what Princess ship to book.  I didn't have a choice of ships before b/c the group leader chose, and it was Majestic.  I liked Majestic ok but preferred the overall look of the ship I was booked on first, which was Royal (sorry to be confusing:  this cruise was on Royal when booked in 2020 and 21, then was moved to Majestic for 22).  However, there was a big to do about whether Royal was being allowed into the Inside Passage, and I definitely wouldn't want to miss that.  I know there are other ships too but I never researched them, such as the Grand.  I"m also thinking about another time in summer besides early June b/c my DS15 might have a school trip then I might go on.  So I was thinking about late July.  Is that the peak  of the peak season?  Thanks for any info.  I feel like I'm already late to be booking something, but I'm completely at sea about what to book.  I want something midship and it seems like cabins are already selling out.

Edited by Kitty Ellas Mom