Do we still need to test prior to embarking in Trieste?

dizzneebabe

Since Italy has dropped the COVID testing requirements, do we still need to test prior to boarding our NCL cruise in Trieste?  I'm getting conflicting responses! 

This is from the NCL site:

Do I need to take a COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the terminal?

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in:

• All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:
    • Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port
    • Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port
    • If embarking from a Canadian port, antigen test is required within 2 days prior to embarkation date, or 3 days prior for NAAT test (I.e. PCR)
    • Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

On 6/24/2022 at 10:32 AM, dizzneebabe said:

Since Italy has dropped the COVID testing requirements, do we still need to test prior to boarding our NCL cruise in Trieste?  I'm getting conflicting responses! 

This is from the NCL site:

Do I need to take a COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the terminal?

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in:

• All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:
    • Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port
    • Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port
    • If embarking from a Canadian port, antigen test is required within 2 days prior to embarkation date, or 3 days prior for NAAT test (I.e. PCR)
    • Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

I am on a Holland America cruise leaving from Trieste July 16.  Same as for NCL, it appears, I will need a negative Covid test taken no more than 72 hours prior to embarkation.  Will try to get one at the airport when we land on July 14.