Advice please for Halifax

penlady

2 minutes ago, techteach said:

@RD64 What? Isn’t Horton’s Canada’s favorite coffee? That’s what the signs say around Seattle!

They may claim it is - but you would think that the Brazilian conglomerate that owns TH would be able to offer us a decent cup of coffee. 

The line ups are huge - and I may sound like a coffee snob, but I will do a hard pass on TH coffee even if it is offerred at a work function.

• Like 1

We're in a similar situation. My husband has mobility issues, so most port days, we look for a restaurant in an interesting area and take a taxi, and visit the nearby shops. (We're fine with a block or so walk)

We visited in 2019 and enjoyed lunch here. Two Doors Down. It's in an artsy area, away from the tourist stuff. There were a few restaurants.

Edited by MarkBearSF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RD64 said:

Please go to Tim Horton’s for the Internet but please avoid the coffee at all costs - unless you prefer to drink dirty dish water.

😃 I went for the internet!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RD64 said:

They may claim it is - but you would think that the Brazilian conglomerate that owns TH would be able to offer us a decent cup of coffee. 

The line ups are huge - and I may sound like a coffee snob, but I will do a hard pass on TH coffee even if it is offerred at a work function.

When it comes to Tim's coffee, people either love it or hate it. I am one of the few who are indifferent as I only drink coffee about twice a month. A friend who is a serious coffee fan loves it. As with any food or drink, it is a matter of one's personal taste. (Some people even like Brussels sprouts.)