Booking Transfer

BRUCENLYNN

My TA is out for a few days (on a cruise I think) :-) so i have a general question since I can't ask him right now. We are booked on a cruise in June and have another couple that have a cabin next to us on hold but may back out before the final due date. The price of cabins has gone up ~ $1,000 since we booked and there are very few available right now. My question...we have another couple that is interested in taking this cruise and wondered if the cabin that is already booked by our friends can be transferred to them at the original costs?

Regards,

Bruce

You can try calling Celebrity direct and ask them the question. They will not give you any information on the particular room if it is currently booked with an agent, but they should be able to answer the general senerio.

As far as I know, this booking would be cancelled and the new price would then come into affect for your other friends. I can't imagine they would let you change all names and keep the same price. If it was only one name change (one person in the cabin), then it wouldn't be a problem.

This happened to me and another couple going with us. I had them add a 3rd passenger in the cabin and then a few days later drop the original 1st and 2nd, that would put the third person at the top, wait a few days and then add the other person. There would be no other way to do it and keep the original price. This would not work if the original cabin only sleeps 2, so make sure a 3rd person could be added.

It depends...on many factors..and you had best speak directly with your agent. You can also try your agent's customer service department as well.

One original name must remain in the booking.

If your bookings are actually in a group allotment (you wouldn't know), it's easier to work around.

But you do need to speak with your agent.

Archived