Debarkation Report - Discovery Princess 26 June 2022

George P Burdell

Greetings all:

We are just off the Discovery this AM and thought that we might post about the process. When I searched the forums last night, I didn't find much information, so I thought this might help folks looking for information.

In general, the process on the boat is similar to other boats, so nothing new to report from that perspective.

This is our first time cruising out of Pier 91, and boy, is port of Seattle different from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.  Customs is basically walking by a CBE agent with your passport. No Global Entry Line (not needed), no customs forms, no inspections, etc. I'm not sure we really even broke step while walking out the gate. 

We did Port Valet (more on that in another post), so we didn't have to pick up our luggage. From the scan at the gangplank to the front door of the port was less than 5 minutes. 

Once you are out the door, head towards the line up of busses on the right side and talk to the Princess agent about half way down. They direct you to your transfer or tour bus.  

Sunday AM, leaving the port at about 8:20, we got to SeaTac at 0850. Cool fact, there is a Delta counter where the bus pulls in, so, if you are Delta, you can drop bags right there.

This had to have been the fastest, easiest debarkation we've ever had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just disembarked today as well, and it was extremely smooth process.  Our group was called about 8:40 AM.  We did the airport transfer, but just to pick up a rental car.  We were to the airport by 9:30 am and had the rental car by 10:00 am.

At our time there was a long line for the airport transfer.  Both the Discovery Princess and HAL Westerdam were using the same buses.  If you use a porter, you can bypass that line and go right to the front.  We didn't know this when we got the porter, but were thankful.

I also didn't stop when going through customs, just had the passport open to photo page and he just waved me through.

On this sailing the Platinum and Elite disembarkation lounge was in Gigi's.

We disembarked on the 26th as well. We also used Port Valet. Since we had 8 bags and only 3 adults with 2 children, getting to essentially 'check' our bags outside our cabin was a big advantage .However, it was not simple .By 9pm we still had no luggage tags or boarding passes. Our room steward (who was awesome) told us he had been checking but they did not have them. He told us he would keep checking but if they weren't available when he left for the night, we would have to contact guest services. Knowing GS would be busy the last night and having 2 four year olds that needed to get to bed, I started calling (and holding) for guest services. They said they were still awaiting approval from the airline. So I asked if I should just get colored tags and pick my bags up in the terminal because I was not going  to haul 8 bags around the ship. She checked with her supervisor and amazingly they would print our tags and we could pick them up. When i went to pick them up, the GS agent could not find them. I told him someone said they were printing them and they would be there. When he found them, 2 boarding passes and 2luggage tags were missing .Finally, he retrieve them but, the kids boarding passes had their mother's name on them. No problem since we use digital passes anyways. So shortly before midnight, the bags were tagged and out the door. Getting off the ship was smooth. 905am meeting time, group called at 910, walked off the ship, flashed a passport and then waited 90 minutes for the airport shuttle. Apparently the trick is to disembark early but our time was based on our flight. We did make it in time. 1145 at the airport drop off for a 1:00 flight. Luckily security was moving quickly. It was closer than I like but we did make the flight and we did not have to deal with the bags so it was worth it.Cruise was great. Crew is awesome. Medallion App is frustrating and disappointing.

• Thanks 1