What's going on on the Eurodam in Alaska?

12cruise2

Hello--we will be cruising for B2B in August on the Eurodam in Alaska.  How are things--passenger load counts, staffing, main dining room, any comments will be appreciated.  We will have an ocean view cabin.

Also, are they covid-testing between two B2B cruises on the Eurodam?  Do you have to do ArriveCAN twice--once for the first cruise and again before the second cruise?  I spoke with an ArriveCAN rep last night who said he believed we would have to enter both trips into ArriveCAN, each within 72 hours of start of the cruise.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by 12cruise2

We were on the May 28th Cruise and Passenger count was high between 1900 to 2000.  We only did 7 Nights so can't say for sure on Testing for a B2B or ArriveCan.  We found the Ship to be short-staffed and Service in the MDR (we had fixed Seating) was hit and miss.  Lunch in the DR was the same.  They went from 1300 to almost 2000 and it was a lot on them.  We thought the food was actually very good overall in the MDR and the Specialty Restaurants were excellent and we were Group of 8 ppl.  

Entertainment was poor in Main Show Lounge and we didn't enjoy the Billboard Duo this Cruise. 

Overall, we had a very good Cruise especially with the Ports and Weather (minus the stop in Victoria where the Ship wasn't cleared until 9:20 and all Tours were cancelled).  My Daughter who was on with us will be returning to AK on Eurodam mid-September with her Husband.  

Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idiebabe said:

We were on the May 28th Cruise and Passenger count was high between 1900 to 2000.  We only did 7 Nights so can't say for sure on Testing for a B2B or ArriveCan.  We found the Ship to be short-staffed and Service in the MDR (we had fixed Seating) was hit and miss.  Lunch in the DR was the same.  They went from 1300 to almost 2000 and it was a lot on them.  We thought the food was actually very good overall in the MDR and the Specialty Restaurants were excellent and we were Group of 8 ppl.  

Entertainment was poor in Main Show Lounge and we didn't enjoy the Billboard Duo this Cruise. 

Overall, we had a very good Cruise especially with the Ports and Weather (minus the stop in Victoria where the Ship wasn't cleared until 9:20 and all Tours were cancelled).  My Daughter who was on with us will be returning to AK on Eurodam mid-September with her Husband.  

Enjoy!

Was anyone wearing masks or was it a free for all?  Did your registration on ArriveCAN go smoothly?  We'll be using a computer not a smartphone.  Looks straightforward.

Edited by 12cruise2

1 hour ago, 12cruise2 said:

Was anyone wearing masks or was it a free for all?  Did your registration on ArriveCAN go smoothly?  We'll be using a computer not a smartphone.  Looks straightforward.

There weren't many wearing Masks.  Three of us came down with Covid (me included) and tested Positive the day after we Debarked.  We brought At Home tests with us and all of us tested Negative on the Ship when we tested a couple of days before the end of the Cruise.  I read on another Social Media Site that many from our Sailing had brought Covid home with them.  This was my 5th Cruise since Restart and first time getting Covid. 

We had no problems with ArriveCan or Verifly and did it on my Iphone.   It is easy!  They distributed in our Rooms a Customs Form and an "ArriveCan" Form to put down Name, Room # and ArriveCan Receipt # and turn in by a certain date.  As mentioned Customs held us up in Victoria.  I only heard them calling for one Woman over and over again but some Social Media sites said they heard it was because not everyone filled out their ArriveCan.  So who knows but Ship didn't clear until 9:20 and there were many disappointed people!

Definitely do the Verifly, too!  Embark was so easy!  Those who didn't do Verifly had a very long line to have to show documents.

We were on June 18 to 25.  About 1400 guests.  Service was excellent except the last day at the outdoor pool when it took until 2:00 pm for HA to figure out one bartender and one server wasn't enough.  Until the sunny last afternoon aft pool area only had smokers.

Very few masks even on HAL shore excursions where I thought they were mandatory.  Masking was much better in January when masks were mandatory.

Food was very good and we ate in Lido, MDR and all 3 specialty restaurants.  Easy to get times and days we wanted after boarding.

Cruise was great but I tested positive for Covid on Sunday.  My wife is still negative.  Very minor cold like symptons, no fever.  We will cruise again in August.  No worries.

Thank you all for your comments.  Honestly, too, I think the booster shot process is WAY behind--my uneducated guess is that the current shots/boosters are just not able to address Omicron cov. the way it could be.  Plus no masking requirements and higher passenger counts.

We got covid May 29 (DH) and me-30 from Celebrity Equinox.  Same on that ship--2300 passengers, maybe 10 of us wearing masks.  We tried to stay away from folks, wear KN95 masks for which countless crew members thanked us repeatedly, have been boosted, but it's not a fair fight when no one else wants to mask and the cruise lines are packing the ships--of course by the time most test positive on/after a 7-day cruise, they are off the ship and not the cruise line's responsibility.  But they've infected many others on the ship as well.  We were on a B2B on Equin. so were put off the ship to isolate in Fort Lauderdale, at Celebrity's expense.

Sounds like Eurodam is in a similar situation with cov.  We will have some protection from having just had it, but both our doctors said wait for the refined booster in the fall.  We signed up wanting to use future cruise credit before it expired 12/31/22.  I think after these cruises in Aug., we will wait until we are boosted again to book anything else--and book it for right after the booster!

• Like 1