Help Me Choose between Crown Princess and NCL Dream!

2boyzmom

We just returned from the Jewel and fell in love with NCL. The only problem is next President's week 2007, they have no itinerary to S.Caribbean for 7 days.

So, I'm looking at the Crown Princess not built yet out of San Juan- or the NCL Dream Texarribean Cruise. The NCL is significantly cheaper ($1500 for 4)

but I have been to two of the 4 ports. Has anyone been on Princess? How about The Dream? The Sun goes out of N.Orleans but the airfare will be outrageous because it's Mardi Gras week. Ahhhhh- life is tough :)

Any reviews of the Dream would be appreciated...

• 2 months later...

I have only been on the Dream. Haven't ever traveled on Princess. We did the Mediterranean in October 2001. We ended up with upgraded cabins.

The Dream treated us very well. The staff was wonderful, as was the food. We had kids with us, and the waiters went out of their way to please, as did the steward. We loved the open free-style seating. We ended up eating anywhere between 5 and 10 depending on the night, and our whims. It was definitely better than having a set time we had to eat, or a restaurant we had to eat in. We had some shore excursions that were good, some not so good, and some we did on our own.

We plan to be on the Dream again in December, because we found another great deal. Hope this helps

If you wish to do a Southern Caribbean intinerary in 7 days, I suggest you go with the Crown Princess. However, if your budget is tight, the Norwegian Dream's Western Caribbean intinerary is very well priced, and you'll still enjoy a week long cruise on an older, smaller vessel, especially if you live in the Houston, Texas area where you don't have to add the air flight costs.

Archived