Puerto Plata Cabel Car excursion

TiffyAnn

I did it last month and loved it. Earlier in the day is better as you may get clouds that obscure your view of the city in the afternoon. Rain forest path on top is longer than you would think. Bring comfortable shoes. Our guide Juan was very animated and knew so many facts about the area. I would recommend it.

image.thumb.jpeg.c708d54161374d789697ec4c5dffe336.jpeg

Edited by Cloud9 Bob

Thank you for this report!

I saw the cable car when I was there in Feb, but it was closed, and I had an all day excursion planned anyway.

The statue at the top looks amazing, and I thought I would like to go up there another time.  You  have confirmed it. 

Is there a café, or any retail opportunities up there?

There is a souvenir shop and restroom on top...and a ton of locals around the statue that will take your picture...for "free" 🙂 

My tour also included the city, Independence Square , Umbrella Street, and a souvenir shop in town as well as lunch at a very pretty garden restaurant. All interesting and the best coconut flan I ever tasted at the included lunch. $60 USD booked through Virgin Voyages...but the tours are all independent companies I believe.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back up - 

The next cruise to PP that I have booked has an excursion going up the mountain in a bus.  Having seen it , I really cannot think a bus ride up would be all that enjoyable.

If there is anyone who has taken the cable car up independently, please comment.

TIA

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2022 at 10:15 PM, PC Skier said:

We got a taxi/tour and one of the things was the cable car.Sometimes it runs sometimes not.  It ran that day and It was wonderful

I'm wanting to just hire a taxi for the day at a flat rate, do you have a recommendation for that by chance?

• 4 months later...