Fish Market in Nassau?

EASYTRAVEL777

I haven't been to the fish market - the straw market is near the dock. However, Nassau has excellent, reasonably priced taxi service. They will take you anywhere you want to go. If the taxi driver hasn't heard of it, you probably don't want to go there..

LL

I just saw a show about Atlantis where they went to the local fish market. The scene had Atlantis in the background and the market under an overpass. Does anyone know how to get there from the dock?

The market is called Potter Cay Dock. Lots of fresh fish and vegetables as well as a place for locals to hang out after work. Most evenings you'll find Freshly made fish dinners, conch salad, fritters and cold beer. You can even catch a game of dominos or checkers in progress.

You can take a jitney from downtown to the Eastern Bridge for $1.. just ask any of the drivers which one to take.. there are MANY. Make sure you go to the second bridge. The first one is just a work marina. ..

To get back, you may want to hail a cab.. or walk up Mackey Street for 2 blocks and hail the jitney back to town. (they run until about 6pm.).

Ask one of the locals where to catch a ride.

Some days' are better than others.. depends when the boat comes in.

Weekends (Friday and Saturday)are hopping with locals..PottersCayVendor.jpg

Thnaks scubagirrl!!!

We will be there on a Sunday. Do they have lunch also?

Hmmmm.. I seem to remember it being very quiet on Sunday's. I know that's disappointing. You can ask one of the locals near the wharf. Maybe one of the ferryboat captains or crew. They would know for sure before you head up that way.

Arawak Cay's Fish Fry would probably be a better choice for sunday lunch. Delicious Fresh Fish and Conch.

Archived