Timing to get from boat to Colosseum

fcccruiser

We will have a port day in Rome / Civitavecchia on August 16th.  If we wanted to get to the Collesseum by 9:15 using the regional trains, it looks like we should plan to catch the 7:44 train.  To do so, when we would need to be at the train station (assuming we buy tickets online in advance)?  When would we need to leave the boat?

Thanks for the help!

If you want to be at the Colosseum by 9:15, you'll want to be at Roma Ostiense by 8:45 - 8:50 to get the metro two stops to the Colosseum.  You'll probably be early, but the extra time is the safety in case either the train or the metro are running late.

Which means you are correct, you need to be on the 7:44 train.

I would want to be off the ship and headed toward the station no later than 7, since you don't know where you'll be berthed and how long it will take to board the shuttle, get to the drop off, and how long from there to the station (if you want to take another bus).  If you walk from the drop off it's 1.6 km/1 mile from the current bus stop or 1.5 km/0.9 miles if they go back to the old stop.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:11 PM, fcccruiser said:

We will have a port day in Rome / Civitavecchia on August 16th.  If we wanted to get to the Collesseum by 9:15 using the regional trains, it looks like we should plan to catch the 7:44 train.  To do so, when we would need to be at the train station (assuming we buy tickets online in advance)?  When would we need to leave the boat?

Thanks for the help!

Assuming you will be on Wonder, which I will be on in September?  I have been reading reports from that other social media site that CC doesn't let us mention, because there isn't much information here.  It appears that while the ship docks at 7:00am, many people are reporting they're not getting off until 7:30am. 

So I think the chances of making the 7:44 regional train are very slim.  I'm hoping to make the 7:58 train, but have also adjusted my plans in case I miss that and have to wait for next train at 8:44 (not sure why there's such a long gap), which gets into Rome at 9:30.  Because of that, I have picked a Colosseum tour group that starts at 10:00 to be safe.  If I'm early, so be it, but better than missing the start.