Family Harbor & Specialty Dining

My family is booked on Mardi Gras next year in a Family Harbor room. Hoping y’all can help answer a couple questions…

1. Specialty dining is free in “most” restaurants for kids, which are included?

2. Of those not included, do I have to pay for my 2 year old and reserve a seat for her if she’s eating off our plates and using a high chair? 

3. If I do have to pay full price upfront and get a refund after dinner, how does this work if I use OBC? 

I’m mostly confused about Bonsai Teppanyaki, as I’ve not been able to find any kids menus, and when I try to reserve they’re charging me full adult price. My 2 year old is not going to eat $35 worth of food. 

Thanks for any info!

Onboard the MG the restaurants included for kids in FH rooms are the ones that have an upfront surcharge - Rudi's Seagrill, the Steakhouse, Teppanyaki. The a la carte upcharge places are not included, Emeril's Bistro, Bonsai Sushi, and Seafood Shack. Cucina, Chi-bang and Guy's Pig and Anchor are complimentary to everyone on the ship. 

I know others in FH rooms have struggled with this in the past because the current online booking system does not recognize your FH status when pre-booking dining that you pre-pay for such as Teppanyaki. They've been told they need to book onboard to receive the complimentary child reservation which is a real crap shoot for Teppanyaki since it is usually completely sold out. Honestly I would book now and try to sort it out on the ship if you really want to partake in this experience. 

I took my 4 year old and there was no kids menu for her, she ate what everyone else ate. She didn't eat $35 worth of food but really enjoyed the experience. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

Onboard the MG the restaurants included for kids in FH rooms are the ones that have an upfront surcharge - Rudi's Seagrill, the Steakhouse, Teppanyaki. The a la carte upcharge places are not included, Emeril's Bistro, Bonsai Sushi, and Seafood Shack. Cucina, Chi-bang and Guy's Pig and Anchor are complimentary to everyone on the ship. 

I know others in FH rooms have struggled with this in the past because the current online booking system does not recognize your FH status when pre-booking dining that you pre-pay for such as Teppanyaki. They've been told they need to book onboard to receive the complimentary child reservation which is a real crap shoot for Teppanyaki since it is usually completely sold out. Honestly I would book now and try to sort it out on the ship if you really want to partake in this experience. 

I took my 4 year old and there was no kids menu for her, she ate what everyone else ate. She didn't eat $35 worth of food but really enjoyed the experience. 

Thank you so much for your reply! This is what I will do then!