Iceland/Ireland Evening Chic Nights

cstro

We are booked on the 12 night 8/1 cruise from Amsterdam to Iceland/Ireland.

For any of you who were on same itinerary recently - which night(s) were Evening Chic?

We normally eat in the Main Dining Room those nights instead of specialty restaurants.

4 hours ago, cstro said:

We are booked on the 12 night 8/1 cruise from Amsterdam to Iceland/Ireland.

For any of you who were on same itinerary recently - which night(s) were Evening Chic?

We normally eat in the Main Dining Room those nights instead of specialty restaurants.

We just got off this itinerary yesterday (so sad!). The chic nights were Sea Days 1 and 3. Enjoy!

@FirstTeacher

We will be on the Iceland/Ireland cruise on August 1st as well.  How did you find the weather in Iceland?  We are beginning to plan what to pack for this trip but did not know how cold Iceland may be.  I check weather forecasts which show lower 50's and 40% chances of rain.  Did you need a heavy coat or just layers and a rain jacket?

Thanks for any advice you may have.  Can't wait for this cruise as it was canceled twice already.

8 hours ago, JRWLOBO said:

@FirstTeacher

We will be on the Iceland/Ireland cruise on August 1st as well.  How did you find the weather in Iceland?  We are beginning to plan what to pack for this trip but did not know how cold Iceland may be.  I check weather forecasts which show lower 50's and 40% chances of rain.  Did you need a heavy coat or just layers and a rain jacket?

Thanks for any advice you may have.  Can't wait for this cruise as it was canceled twice already.

We felt really lucky because it didn’t rain on any of the 4 days we spent there. It was in the upper 50’s each day, really windy on only one of them. I wore my winter jacket (with a hood for rain) but didn’t need the hat and gloves I brought with me. 

While we enjoyed Akureyri and the excursion there, we found Isafjordh redundant. The same excursions were available in both stops, and the WiFi was totally unavailable in the latter. It’s located within some mountains, and no one on board (even the staff) had any connection. There’s it much to the village itself.

Enjoy your cruise. We loved everything on the ship, especially the crew, the entertainment, and the food. Unfortunately, upon arriving home, I discovered I had contracted COVID, in spite of being fully vaccinated and double-boosted and having fully masked and distanced myself. Luckily, my husband has tested negative so far. Hopefully you’ll be luckier than I was.

• Like 1