Concern about Lido noise in suite SY 8090 on the Oosterdam

livinginri

We're in process of booking the November 19, 2022 Oosterdam cruise through the Panama Canal traveling the west coast of South America. I have a hold on cabin SY 8090 but am concerned that we might experience noise from the Lido above. Would love feedback from anyone who has booked this cabin in the last several years. Thank you!

We have 8099 booked on the Oosterdam in June 2023, Greece & Holy Land.  I have read on this board that deck 8 Signature Suites are less expensive than the ones on deck 6 because of the concern for noise.  Of course it all depends on your sleep schedule.  The Lido Market is pretty much closed after 10:00 pm.  But there may be noise in the early morning getting it ready for breakfast.  Anybody else have experience with noise in SY cabins on deck 8 in Vista Class HAL ships ?

Your cabin 8090 and my cabin 8099 are both directly under the seating area of the Lido Market, not the area where the service carts roll, so we may be OK.  deck 8 vs deck 9 for noise.pdf

That 8094 review was mine - we had a Signature on deck 6 the next trip and it was definitely quieter than deck 8. But there was more noise from the crew door in front of 8094 than from the Lido above. It was enough to notice but not enough to really bother us. The veranda layout is less private than those on deck 6 because it’s angled. Check the photos to see it. We did like the location near the aft stairs. It wasn’t a bad cabin at all, but after having one on 6 we decided we’d prefer the lower deck for a little quieter experience.