US Citizens Departing from Southampton - Bring Covid test from home?

Cruise NH

I was reading the latest Cunard update regarding covid testing (this is from the US Cunard site) updated the beginning of June.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail/at-the-terminal

It says the test DOES NOT have to be medically observed and that you can use a govt approved home test however they do want to see some proof of the test and the results:

What is acceptable proof of my negative Covid-19 test result?

The following formats are acceptable proofs of a negative Covid-19 test: paper negative Covid-19 test results (original only), digital or emailed Covid-19 test results; or record of Covid-19 testing from a healthcare provider including original digital email notification or personal electronic health record.

The negative Covid-19 test result must include:

• The test supplier, including information such as the name and contact information for the laboratory or healthcare personnel.
  • Type of test.
  • A specimen collection date within the correct timeframe before cruise departure.
  • Guest’s name and either date of birth, age, or passport number.
  • A negative test result using words or phrases including (and not limited to): Negative; undetectable; SARS-CoV-2 RNA not detected; SARS-CoV-2 antigen not detected; Covid-19 not detected; Not reactive.
  • Test results marked “invalid” are not accepted.

I've never done a home test so I don't know what you get at the end.  Has anyone used the home test?  Would it meet their criteria?  We're flying over and taking the QM2 so anything we can do to reduce the stress of testing would be great.

Thank you.

We used the eMed proctored test kits, that we brought from the US, on the day before boarding QV in Southampton. Unfortunately we only brought 2 tests, and I messed mine up and the proctor told me it wasn't valid, so we had a minor panic. However, hubby found a walk in testing  place near to Waterloo station so I got mine done there, no problems this time. They did look at our test results when we checked in in Southampton .